Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most oDeskers would choose "mandatory" Good Fit

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Donna M Member Since: Aug 28, 2012
21 of 26

John, Not the near future it's already here I can't say where (forum rules)  but it is....although you have to already be a basically a five star worker on their site before you can apply for the instant task work that actually is another site from the original or a sub-set as you mentioned...I don't know the complete rules of it or know enough to really comment on the legality of it all ... but it's already here

Highlighted
Community Leader
Chad R Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
22 of 26

Donna M said: John, Not the near future it's already here I can't say where (forum rules)  but it is....

Was just about to point this out.  Not so sure if Donna and I are speaking about the same thing but there is also a company named after a rainforest doing pretty much exactly this.

Also the compensation there is horrible.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Donna M Member Since: Aug 28, 2012
23 of 26

Nope not the rainforest thats microjobbing ....theres another that has a site that is a full-on freelancing site and the assigned tasks are in a off-shoot site

Highlighted
Community Leader
John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
24 of 26

Maybe in a de facto way, yes. But someone will come up with something that's that in an open and well-structured way, and clean up, I reckon.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
25 of 26

This is an example of people for whom a more advanced version of "Good Fit" would be welcome:

A brand-new oDesk contractor created an account and posted a new thread whose title reads simply "What's my job?"

There is no content in the post itself. Just a new contractor patiently waiting to be told what to do.

I am not criticizing this new person. But it is clear what type of service she would like oDesk to provide. And it does not provide that.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
26 of 26
The new live action version of "Cinderella" is now in theaters, and I wonder how that relates to "Good Fit," or the "mandatory good fit" thought experiment.

Perhaps we should be grateful that oDesk doesn't have the hubris to call their program "Perfect Fit" (project code name: "Glass Slipper.")

But IF oDesk (or anybody else) developed algorithms which were able to match contractors with job opportunities that made them feel the job fits them "like a glove", just think how valuable that would be... How much a force such a company would be in the marketplace.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS