🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Most of my art portfolio is not showing u...
Page options
johnoc
Community Member

Most of my art portfolio is not showing up, only grey boxes.

I'm only seeing the first 2 or 3 images in a few of my  portfolio categories and the other categories are all blank. Nothing shows up when clicked.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

I'd like to provide an update about this issue. Currently we have a limitation for the number of portfolio items per profile we can support without causing any issues with how they're displayed. If you have over 100 portfolio items, they may not display properly. Our product team is working on improvements to increase that limit. Meanwhile, you may try reducing the amount of portfolio items you have on your profiles for them to show properly.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
PradeepH

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that all portfolio images are not visible. Could you please try uploading the images again and let us know if you still have the same issue? Please make sure the images are in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format. The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height, however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. Attachments can be in .doc, .swf, or .pdf format. The maximum size is 5 MB for the thumbnail and 25 MB for attachments. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
johnoc
Community Member

I also get this security risk message when I click on the greyed out image. This is a concern.

Hi John,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
johnoc
Community Member

Thanks, no reply yet. I'd like to know why posting images results in a security risk, and why the images disappeared. I'd like to not have to keep reposting a portfolio. I submitted work proposals based on those images, so I'm wasting time as well and losing work.

Hi John,

I've just followed up with the team and one of our agents will be reaching out through your support ticket shortly to assist you further. Thank you for your patience.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Today I was reviewing my portfolio and I realized that the last items do not appear either.

m_terrazas_2-1644144838304.pngm_terrazas_3-1644144858295.png

Hi Maria,

Thank you for sharing the screenshots from your end. I was able to replicate this and I shared your report with our team. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Nikola S wrote:

Hi Maria,

Thank you for sharing the screenshots from your end. I was able to replicate this and I shared your report with our team. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Hi Nikola,
Thank you, I have already received a support message.

johnoc
Community Member

I'm getting an email asking if this problem is solved. I have not seen any information or reponse explaining the disappearing portfolio images, or an explanation as to why when I click on a greyed out image, it becomes a security risk. I have work pending through the site, looking forward to a resolution.

johnoc
Community Member

are these answers from volunteers or from Upwork?

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the support team via a ticket here. Your request is escalated to the Technical Support Team and the support team will notify you as soon as they have an update for you. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
cppublishing
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Most of the items in my portfolio are blank.

Hi Clark,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

More than a month ago I received a support message saying "Our technical team is still working on this issue at the moment. I will be sending you another email once the fix has been implemented or we have more information for you."
I haven't heard anything back and the problem is still there.

NikolaS

Hi All,

I'd like to provide an update about this issue. Currently we have a limitation for the number of portfolio items per profile we can support without causing any issues with how they're displayed. If you have over 100 portfolio items, they may not display properly. Our product team is working on improvements to increase that limit. Meanwhile, you may try reducing the amount of portfolio items you have on your profiles for them to show properly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

Thank you Nikola,
This is something not warned about when creating the portfolio, right? Or did I miss it?

webmoonz
Community Member

All art portfolio is not showing up, only (100) grey boxes.
Even system not allowing to delete, on hovering each grey image/box there is opyion delete button.

I tried deleteing many, when I refresh page or reopen the "Portfolio" it agian shwing (100) grey boxes.

Urgently look into it as i need to remove all and upload latest artworks,images.JPG

akbarjan
Community Member

Hi,

It shows grey boxes for my portfolio images.

Also, check in the console it shows an error from odesk URL

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

screen shot from this URL alos attached.

akbarjan_0-1659783832270.png

akbarjan_1-1659784085295.png

I have also lost most of my portfolio images. I suspect it may have happened when Upwork tweaked the specs/format for images, and trashed the existing ones rather than figuring out how to preserve them.

So on the one hand, Upwork is obsessed with images in the project catalog to an unseemly degree, even to the point of telling people to shovel in stock images (regardless of their relevance); and on the other, they are trashing the actual representative images of our work that we have labored to include in our portfolios.

Hi akbar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Annie Jane B wrote:

Hi akbar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

It has been 6 months since Upwork was notified that there were missing portfolio images.
First they told us that if there were more than 100 items, there could be a problem. I have less than 100 items, so that's not the reason.
The images are still missing (I'll have to redo some items), and also, if you click on a gray image, a "Privacy Error" warning appears.
Why do the images keep disappearing ?
Why does that error message appear?

The error notice is in Spanish. You will have to translate it 🙂

m_terrazas_1-1659808081451.png

m_terrazas_2-1659808110904.png

And the same has happened to me. I do NOT do packages.  Would Upwork please restore my portfolio.  I don't want anyone to "reach out" to me. I just want it fixed.  No wonder scammers are having an absolute field day on this site. 

ETA:  I have three portfolio items, not hundreds.  

m_terrazas
Community Member

I got a message from CS telling me that the portfolio issue is fixed (at least mine).
I can't check it because I had already made the changes. So, for all of you who had the problem, check if it has been solved for you, and if not, you know, keep fighting.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths