cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Elance account

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 35

Hi Eleine,

While we are investigating why the widget isn't showing on your profile, could you please try and find the email titled  "Continue your Elance success on Upwork." You should be able to find the link to migrate there.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Eleine G Member Since: Aug 16, 2016
12 of 35

Hi, I have looked and I can't find this email anywhere in my emails.

Eleine

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
13 of 35

Valeria,

This thread reminds me I haven't seen any resolution on the Elance client you were helping me help migrate. She also consistently reported never seen a migration widget.

Moreover, her Elance history has now disappeared from my lifetime billings report.

Best,

MM

14 of 35

Michael,

We did reach out to your client via the ticket offering instructions and assitance with migrating/merging her account to Upwork but we never heard back from her, unfortunately.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
15 of 35

Valeria,  re a question I asked yesterday - at least I think I can ask it.  How is it that the two people I have seen with this problem have profiles on Upwork? Did they both have existing oDesk accounts?

When the merger took place, we Elancers were told (unless we had existing oDesk accounts) not to create a new account for Upwork but to migrate when the invitation arrived on the "My Elance" page.

(FWIW, I have decided not to merge my account, but the invitation to do so is still there.)

16 of 35

Hi Nichola,

There were and still are two options:

• Transfer your Elance profile to Upwork if you don't have an existing Upwork account.
  • Merge your Elance profile with your Upwork profile if you have one.

These users have their Upwork accounts and they are asking about merging their Elance accounts with them.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
17 of 35

Thanks Valeria. 

I just thought it might have been connected if the accounts had been created after the merger - when Elancers were told not to create a new account before their invitations to merge or migrate had arrived on their "My Elance" page.

I hope the glitch gets sorted.

Community Guru
18 of 35

OK, Valeria, thanks!

I think both of us have done as much as we can about the migration. I appreciate your help..

But...what happened to my client's Elance history, which we know was in your system because two retroactive rate adjustments were made based on it? It's no longer showing in lifetime billings.

19 of 35

Michael,

The adjustments were made as an exception manually and retroactively. However, lower fee will not apply to future transactions since the client didn't merge her Elance account with Upwork's and billings weren't added either.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
20 of 35
Valeria,

I did not ask about the adjustments, which I acknowledged were made.

I asked what has happened to this client's Elance history in my lifetime billings report.

Thanks and best,
Michael
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS