cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Elance account

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 35

Michael,

Since the client's Elance account wasn't merged with her Upwork Account the data about your Elance billings with her wasn't transferred either and will not show on your lifetime billings report. If she migrates, Elance billings will be added to the report on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
22 of 35

Valeria,

Then why are billings from my other Elance clients showing? As far as Upwork is concerned, absent a merged account, don't I have two separate clients with two separate histories?

Upwork was able to find her account history before when they did the manual adjustments. I'm pretty sure I pointed them to it. Where is it now?

Best,
Michael

p.s. Lifetime billings for this client also exclude a billing from Q1 2016 on Upwork.

23 of 35

Michael,

Billings with your other Elance clients probably show because they migrated or merged their Elance accounts to Upwork, unlike this client.

As I mentioned before, adjustment to the fee on the contract with her was made as an exception and can't be made going forward unless she migrates.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
24 of 35

Valeria,

I am beginning to wonder how many times I must reiterate I am not writing about adjustments, past, present, or future.

The likelihood of my inactive former clients having migrated or merged to Upwork is exceedingly small, approaching nil. All Elance client histories have been imported to Upwork.

May we please leave the realm of the (im)probable, and could you please refer me to someone who can investigate my client's previously present, now missing history, including work performed on Upwork in Q1 2016?

Thanks and best,
Michael

25 of 35

Michael,

It looks like quite a few of your Elance clients migrated and their lifetime billings are showing in the Report. Let me check with the team if there is anything we can do about billings of those clients who didn't migrate. We'll have somebody update you about it directly via a ticket.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
26 of 35
Thank you, Valeria.

Please note that some of the missing information from my active, non-migrated client is from a contract performed on Upwork this year.

Please also note that her Elance billings were previously showing (though I have never seen them in the Lifetime Billings report), and I now cannot find them anywhere.

Best,
Michael
Community Guru
27 of 35

Thank you, Valeria. The lifetime billings I asked about appear to have been corrected.

Returning to the topic of this thread, I ask again (as a general question, not expecting an answer) whether it is possible that clients have also been presented with a faulty migration interface, as was reported here by contractors? Again, this is not in reference to my particular active and unmigrated client—I consider all such issues closed—except insofar as she consistently reported to me not seeing a migration tool when she followed Upwork's instructions. The fact that Upwork's claim of a prominent and obvious migration tool is at odds with reports from both contractors and clients may be of interest.

Best,

Michael

28 of 35

Hi Michael,

We have checked and there were no issue with the widget showing. Two reasons for why the widget wouldn't show for some of the users who inquired about it in the Community were:

- The user has already migrated

- The user's Elance account has been closed/limited/suspended

As for your client, we attempted to reach out to her to get more information about her issues with migrating, but unfortunately didn't hear back.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
29 of 35

I appreciate all your efforts, Valeria, and those of the team, and am satisfied with the results.

B^)

Tom S Member Since: Sep 3, 2016
30 of 35

I had left it too long to migrate from elance and tried just today with the e-mail link (in my trash of all places) with a offer of free credit.

Links did not work suprising so had to sign up here, found out via the forums I still could migrate my Elance account by signing into elance and finding the link from there.

Still, my fault for leaving it soo long to migrate.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS