cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Elance account

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
31 of 35

Hi Tom,

I'm glad you found the information you were looking for here. Were you able to merge your Elance account with the Upwork account you created? Let us know if you need any further assistance.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Razvan M Member Since: Sep 13, 2016
32 of 35

I get "your link has expired" message when clicking on the button in the invitation email. Of course it is too late  for that. But I could access my Elance account and found a widget saying "The last day to copy your account is September 30th. Don't lose your reputation. Move your account today.  Get started" .

Ok, I did. And then clicked on the "allow" button to let Upwork access my Elance account. Then nothing happened.

I watched the guide for transfer, and made an account on upwork, not from a link related to Elance as shown in the guide, but from sign up process from upwork site. Both accounts have now same email registered. I can not find an option for merging or something similar.

What can I still do to merge the accounts or to import the Elance account to upwork (and close the new upwork account that I just registered, if necessary)?

Thank you.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
33 of 35

Hi Razvan,

Are you still able to see the widget once you log into your Elance account here? If so, could you try merging your account once again and let us know if it works? Also, could you please click on my name and send me a private message with your Elance username?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Razvan M Member Since: Sep 13, 2016
34 of 35

Yes, I can see the widget, that's where I found it too. The widget works and redirects me and everything goes until I reach the page where Upwork asks for the permission to access my Elance profile.

There, it appears the "Allow" button doesn't redirect when onclick event occurs.

I click on the button, it becomes inactive and nothing happens further.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
35 of 35

Hi Razvan,

Could you please take a screenshot of the page you mentioned, before and after clicking the button, and send them to me in a pm?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS