🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Moving to Other Country
Page options
noorali58
Community Member

Moving to Other Country

I want to move to other country for more than 6 months or maybe for 1 year and i want to continue work on Upwork during this time period so, what i need to do for this?

Tell me also that if my tour would be for 1 month to other country then what steps i need to do on Upwork?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noor, 

If you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily,  you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving someplace, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while traveling.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Noor,

If you`re relocating for a longer period of time, you will need to update your address here. If you`re relocating for a short period of time, there's no need to take any actions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Lemme know thst short period it can be counts for how many months or days?

If long period then just need to change address or also bank account attached from current country?

Hi Noor,

If you`re relocating to another place for more than 6 months then you will need to update your location.

Regarding your payment method, feel free to use the one that is the best fit for your needs. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

If relocate for 1-5  months then no need to change address?

Noor A wrote:

If relocate for 1-5  months then no need to change address?

You have to register in most countries if you live there. If you register under a new address, you have to update it here as well.

Goran V wrote:

Hi Noor,

If you`re relocating to another place for more than 6 months then you will need to update your location.

When was that changed to 6 months? It was considerably shorter before?

Petra R wrote:

Goran V wrote:

Hi Noor,

When was that changed to 6 months? It was considerably shorter before?

I tend to flag profiles where the location and local time does not match, and there is the VAT in the EU issue. Missing work permit etc.

Still i didn't get satisfied answer.

Do confirm about it short period and Long period.

Long period would be= more than 6 months

But

Short Period would be= for 5 months OR less than 5? If less than 5 then how many months can be considered as a short period ?

where are you actually planning on moving to?

country is still not confirmed  but doing plan  about going to abroad .

can give answwer of my questins above?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noor, 

If you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily,  you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving someplace, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while traveling.

~ Avery
Upwork
noorali58
Community Member

Thanks dear Avery! Smiley Happy

but, due to previous location, we can not find local bank account option (or name) to withdraw payment. Recently, I am in UAE for 6 months, and I am unable to withdraw my payment to a local UAE bank.

Is there any other solution for that?

Hi Ubaid,

There are more payment methods available to you than Direct to Local Bank! You can check this help article to learn about all of them.

~Andrea
Upwork
lavillotes
Community Member

Hi,

On the part of the employer, is there anyway that they could help an employee whose account has been locked because they have moved to another country?  Any details or confirmation they could provide to hasten up the process of removing the block on the account? 

Also for future reference, if a freelancer is going to move to another country how soon should they be updating their location details on their Upwork account? 

Hi Lota,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please be aware that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. If the employee needs additional assistance with their account, they should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in. We'll surely look into their concerns and assist them accordingly.

There's no definite time on when a user should update their address. However, If they did and the profile location and ID don’t match, we’ll automatically add another step to verify their location. Please be reminded that verifying your location is a required step to earn your Verified Badge if your account has a country mismatch. Our support teams will be in contact if additional information is needed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths