🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Mpesa Payment Not Received
Page options
atieno_sophie
Community Member

Mpesa Payment Not Received

Hi.. I withdrew my payment via mpesa over 6 hours ago and still haven't received my money. I had the same problem last month and had to wait a whole 12 days to receive it. I thought the issue was solved, so why do I have to face it again?

Do you mean I will have to wait another 2 weeks for my payment? Why can't upwork just solve this problem already? Is there generally a problem with withdrawals made on Fridays?
12 REPLIES 12
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sophie,

I would like to confirm that your withdrawal from Upwork was successful. Please allow up to 24 hours for the funds to be loaded on your account.
If you haven't received your funds after 24 hours let me know here, and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Well it's been 32 hours, still yesterday's withdrawal hasn't come to me.

Why is this becoming a recurring problem? Can't upwork just find a permanent solution?

Well it's been 32 hours, still yesterday's withdrawal hasn't come to me. So I got a message from an upwork representative and they're asking me if I've followed up with mpesa.. Surely, isn't that Upwork's job? In any case, I did follow up with NCBA, the payment processor and all they could tell me is they're not the originator of the payment and before the money gets to them it passes through a number of channels so it's best to let upwork follow up.
Why is this becoming a recurring problem? Can't upwork just find a permanent solution?
The funny thing is today's withdrawal was successful. So should I stop withdrawing money on Friday's?

STOP SPAMMING THE SAME MESSAGE!

Sorry about that. My internet is slow I thought the first two didn't go
through. I just noticed they're now 3 messages. There's no delete. But that's not the issue. The problem is I need help because at this point I'm frustrated.

Sophie A wrote:
 The problem is I need help because at this point I'm frustrated.

I get that, but there isn't much they can do at the weekend, and it's Support, not the forum who can help.

Hey.. Understand that this forum is here for a reason. Last month I had the
same issue when I withdrew my earnings on a Friday. I put it here and
turned out a lot of my fellow Kenyan Upwork freelancers faced the same
problem on the same day. As Upwork followed up we also contacted the local
payment processor and Mpesa separately here in Nairobi. It helped that we
kept updating each other on the process.

Plus it takes a Kenyan to understand how mpesa works since other people
think it's a bank and it's not. So please before you say that there isn't
much they can do understand we're not talking about a bank but a service
that's exclusive to Kenyan freelancers that's open 24/7. It only takes us
10 to 30 minutes max to receive our payments so 36 hours is unusual.

Hi Sophie,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

Same problem. I withdrew funds from my upwork account to my mpesa on Saturday and today being Tuesday, nothing yet. Upwork sent an email saying my payment had been processed, I just didn't receive it. I contacted Upwork and they responded on that Saturday but have not responded to my emails yesterday and today. How come I'm not getting a withdrawal trace update?

Hi Sophie,

I'm sorry to hear about the delays as I understand how frustrating the wait for your funds can be. I checked this ticket and it looks like our support team already sent the transaction to the payments team to issue a trace. Please allow more time for them to check on the funds and follow up with you. You'll be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
916810f9
Community Member

Learn to mind your own business Petra, this doesn't involve you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members