🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Mpesa Withdrawal not Received
Page options
ericmumo
Community Member

Mpesa Withdrawal not Received

Hello there, after more than 9 hours of waiting, I have not received my Mpesa withdrawal yet. What could be the possible problem? How quickly can this be solved? I am being told that the transaction was succeful from upworks end.

Eric

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I checked and it appears some of the freelancers who posted on this thread are using M-Pesa while others are using Direct to Local Bank withdrawal method. I'd like to reiterate that I'm not aware of an issue that would be affecting recently initiated transactions, all of which are within the expected time frame.

Furthermore, I can confirm we received a confirmation from some freelancers using M-Pesa that they received their funds. For freelancers using Direct to Local Bank, we'd appreciate your patience and expect you'll receive your funds within the expected four-business day time frame.

Regarding questions about the payment processors Upwork is using, we won't be able to provide that information and Valeria shared more information earlier this week on this thread.

Please do follow up to confirm once you receive your funds or if you'd like to receive additional assistance (24 hours for M-Pesa, 8 business days for Direct to Local Bank transactions).

As an additional note, our team is reviewing all the reports we're receiving and so far all transactions are being processed as expected. We appreciate your reports and will continue to monitor and communicate on this thread.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

119 REPLIES 119
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eric,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the funds to arrive on your account. If you don't receive them after 24 hours let us know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can you like trace it or reverse it back to upwork? 24 hours is so long considering the money usually takes less than 30 minutes normally.

From Mpesa side, they have advised me that there is no such a transaction on their side. From upwork chat, I have been told that the transaction was successful from the end. Explains why I have alreadyreceived the confirmation email from upwork. Is there any this can be sorted like ASAP?

Hi,
I did s an Mpesa Withdrawal on 4/8 /2020 thats 6 days down the line. I was told that trace has been initiated. Its very frustrating for some of us who solely depend on Upwork when such happens with the current situation. Am surprised it takes over a week to trace funds which i believe should only take a phone call to the relevant bodies.
This is very frustrating.

Hello Shirleen was your issue solved? I also have the same problem with my Mpesa transaction.

Hi Prince,
Yes my issue was solved today. I can confirm that my funds were returned back to my upwork account and i managed a successful withdrawal after that. The support team should be able to help if you raised a ticket.

Hi,
I did s an Mpesa Withdrawal on 4/8 /2020 thats 6 days down the line. I was told that trace has been initiated. Its very frustrating for some of us who solely depend on Upwork when such happens with the current situation. Am surprised it takes over a week to trace funds which i believe should only take a phone call to the relevant bodies.
This is very frustrating.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shirlyne, 

I understand how this can be very frustrating and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your support ticket and can see that the team has noted that they have already reached out to our payment processor. Once they have more information they can share with you, they will update your open ticket. On my end, I will follow up with the team handling your case so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork
shirlyne
Community Member

Hi Avery,
Thank you for your response. This has become frustrating as i expected it to take a day or 2 for follow up.
Just wondering if Wednesday comes and I process another withdrawal with this issue still pending, will i experience the same?
I appreciate your follow-up on this.

Hi Shirlyne,

You should not experience the same problem on your next withdrawal/s. If you have any additional questions, feel free to update your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran. I hope this is fixed because its very inconveniencing having to wait for such a long time especially if one had plans during this tough times bearing in mind that this is the only source of income available.

Hi Goran, can you help follow up on my Mpesa withdrawal. I withdrew from my account yesterday and got a confirmation email and ticket but I haven't received the funds.  

Hi Bob,

Please be patient for another 7-8 hours for the funds to be loaded into your account. If you still haven't received your funds after this, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork
shirlyne
Community Member

Hi Avery,
Does it always take this long to just identify a delayed payment? I thought its basically a phone call to the relevant bodies? 7 days not even sure what happened at all. Means probably another 7days still waiting ahead.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shirlyne, 

Please know that tracing withdrawals take time since this involves coordinating with our payment processor. We request your patience as the team assists you with your concern. 

Thank you for understanding.

~ Avery
Upwork
shirlyne
Community Member

Thank you for your response. When you say time, do you mean almost over 2 weeks? It seems this will go on as I am already on 7 days? Should i be assured of receiving my funds at the end regardless the period it takes?

Hi Shirlyne,

Rest assured our team will assist you with training your withdrawal and receiving your funds. If you have any additional questions, feel free to post them on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

On 28-05-2020 i transfered money from upwork to local bank acoount. then i recieve the mail ( your payment has been processed. ) but i didn`t recieve any amount on my bank account. normally it take 20-30 minutes . but now it take 5 days. please help me i am worried about that.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Sami,

I checked and can confirm that a withdrawal you're referring to was successfully processed on our end. Please know that Direct to Local Bank transfers take between 2 to 5 business days. If it hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, please reach out to us so that we can issue a trace for you. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the Direct to Local Bank method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello. I made a withdrawal yesterday from Upwork to my Mpesa account, I have received the confirmation email text but not yet received my payment. What might be the issue? Kindly assist.

Hi Nancy,

Please be patient for 24 hours for the funds to be loaded on your account. If you haven't received the funds in 24 hours, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi it's been 24 hours and I've not received my Mpesa Withdrawal. I have been withdrawing using mpesa and have had no issues, what has now changed? Could please expedite this matter and ensure I receive my money. Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with a trace. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mercyt
Community Member

Me too...I haven't received my money🤔🤔
aliyas
Community Member

Me too. I haven't received my funds. Normal withdrawals via Mpesa take about 30 minutes to reflect but today it's over 9 hours now. Still waiting.

ericmumo
Community Member

Weirdly, did you notice that unlike other times, they did not indicate which payment processor they are using. They usually indicate transfast as their processor on other days

Interesting I also noticed that in my email notification they did not specify which processor was used.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I checked and it appears some of the freelancers who posted on this thread are using M-Pesa while others are using Direct to Local Bank withdrawal method. I'd like to reiterate that I'm not aware of an issue that would be affecting recently initiated transactions, all of which are within the expected time frame.

Furthermore, I can confirm we received a confirmation from some freelancers using M-Pesa that they received their funds. For freelancers using Direct to Local Bank, we'd appreciate your patience and expect you'll receive your funds within the expected four-business day time frame.

Regarding questions about the payment processors Upwork is using, we won't be able to provide that information and Valeria shared more information earlier this week on this thread.

Please do follow up to confirm once you receive your funds or if you'd like to receive additional assistance (24 hours for M-Pesa, 8 business days for Direct to Local Bank transactions).

As an additional note, our team is reviewing all the reports we're receiving and so far all transactions are being processed as expected. We appreciate your reports and will continue to monitor and communicate on this thread.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks, Vladimir for your response. I'm using through deposit to local bank. It usually takes 30 minutes to get my funds to my bank, on this occasion, it has been over 12 hours and I see nothing.

I also notice that on the upwork withdrawal confirmation email the payment processor was not mentioned as usual.

Hi Oscar,

Did your money arrived already? Please update us. Mine still did not arrived and tommorow I will do another withrawal now I am really scared. I will spend my xmas with my family having nothing because of upworks problem.

Hi Vladimir.

I have the same problem with MPesa withdrawals and 24hrs have already lapsed since i initiated the withdrawal. A previous withdrawal suffered the same fate but funds were reversed after about 18hrs which may indicate a problem with the payment processor.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kunule,

Just to confirm, are you referring to your withdrawal from 2 days ago? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, from 16TH Dec. Ref: 275XXX693

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kunule,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Nobody has reached out to me over this issue. It's now over 48hrs.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kunule,

I`ve just asked our team to resend your ticket, if you don't receive your ticket shortly let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm not getting any response on my ticket: #27360816. Its now almost a week with no funds received. This is really an inconvenice especially now that the Christmas holiday is here.

erixus
Community Member

Me too, its like no one cares

I hope they would have an urgency. on what is happening. it is not our
fault having issues on th money that we have work for.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Kunule.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths