🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Mpesa Withdrawal not Received
Page options
ericmumo
Community Member

Mpesa Withdrawal not Received

Hello there, after more than 9 hours of waiting, I have not received my Mpesa withdrawal yet. What could be the possible problem? How quickly can this be solved? I am being told that the transaction was succeful from upworks end.

Eric

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I checked and it appears some of the freelancers who posted on this thread are using M-Pesa while others are using Direct to Local Bank withdrawal method. I'd like to reiterate that I'm not aware of an issue that would be affecting recently initiated transactions, all of which are within the expected time frame.

Furthermore, I can confirm we received a confirmation from some freelancers using M-Pesa that they received their funds. For freelancers using Direct to Local Bank, we'd appreciate your patience and expect you'll receive your funds within the expected four-business day time frame.

Regarding questions about the payment processors Upwork is using, we won't be able to provide that information and Valeria shared more information earlier this week on this thread.

Please do follow up to confirm once you receive your funds or if you'd like to receive additional assistance (24 hours for M-Pesa, 8 business days for Direct to Local Bank transactions).

As an additional note, our team is reviewing all the reports we're receiving and so far all transactions are being processed as expected. We appreciate your reports and will continue to monitor and communicate on this thread.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

119 REPLIES 119

Hi Kunule. I am having the same issue. Did you get help?

Hi Simon,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran. Yes, a member of support reached out, but I have a concern. What's the point of reaching out, yet I am not able to get the support I seek. All I keep being told is that a trace of my funds will be initiated, and I can't help but wonder; when will I get the update. Do you guys have constraints accessing your own system to trace funds? Nothing demotivates you like knowing that you have worked so hard to get where you are, yet you cannot access your earnings for whatever reason. I am very dissapointed cause something's definitely not right. An Mpesa withdrawal is usually express, but I have been waiting for 5 days. 5 days of waiting??? Feels like you guys are stalling!!!

Hi Simon,

I understand how it's very frustrating not to be able to access your earnings. I know how it's equally frustrating when you don't get updates about your issue. Please understand that our teams get back to every concern they get, and they will address these concerns by the order in which they were received. If the team handling your case is unable to update you on your concern, it hasn't received any additional information on their end yet. 

In this case, I can see that the Payments Team has already escalated this issue and issued a trace. Once they have more information about this transaction, they will update you through the same ticket thread with more information. 

In the meantime, I have notified the team that you have followed up in the Community and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I have not received an email that my payment was processed since yesterday. Can someone help me check if my withdrawal was successful?

Thank you.
erixus
Community Member

I haven't received my money from 16th December. Usually, it takes less than 30 minutes. I haven't also received a satisfying response from Upwork. I am really worried

erixus
Community Member

Hey

I withdrew my money through Mpesa on 16th December. I havents received the money. Upwork even requested my mpesa statement which I gladly provided. It takes less than 30 minutes to receive cash.

Hi Eric,

I checked your account, and it looks like you already have an open ticket regarding your concern with your withdrawal. I'll follow-up with the team that's handling your case, and you can expect an update on the same ticket. We appreciate your patience while our team reviews the issue. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
erixus
Community Member

They havent, I am really worried

Mine as well, They say that they have managed to transfer it already. but
they are not sending me an email confirmation. I am afraid this will happen
again this weeks withdrawal if we request one.

Hi, this is the first time I have had an issue with Withdrawing from Up-Work. I keep receiveing a notification saying that my paymeny method has been diabled. I never disabled it, but even after re-enabling it and tyring a withdrawal, Up-Work cuts its processing fees and still the withdrawal doesn't go through. This has happened four times now, and my withdrwal is still not going through. I would like a refund of all the processing payments that were deducted, and my withdrawal to actually get through.

I can confirm that I have been using Mpesa and never had a challenged, my settings say that Mpesa is activated. Plese help.

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joan,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, How are you? I havent received my mpesa payment, more than 24 hours after it was processed. Kindly help me solve the issue.

Hi Eva,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ahmad314
Community Member

Hello,
Today morning i have withdrawal to Direct local bank and didn't received yet. Can you please help me in this regard?
Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmad,

I checked and can confirm that your withdrawal was successfully processed on our end. Please know that direct to local bank transfers take between 2 to 5 business days. If it hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, please reach out to us so that we can issue a trace for you. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the direct to local bank method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ahmad314
Community Member

Should i contact to my bank because it is very first time that it is getting late otherwise my all previous withdrawal didn't take more than 1 day.

Hi, My Upwork account had a notification to update payment details. And I've added Bank Code there. Normally the money is transferring to bank within 5 hours of time. I've made 2 transfers to check. But Still I didn't get the money on my account.

Hi Heshan,

Your withdrawals were successfully withdrawn. As Bojan mentioned in his post, please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey, Thank you. Will check

Hi Goran,

you can check my withdrawal request ? 

Thanks

Hi Giuseppe,

Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

If the withdrawal is not processed by Upwork, I do not believe that I will receive MY money.

2 business days have already passed and the support has confirmed to me that the payment has not yet been sent.

Honestly, it doesn't seem right.

A freelance would like his money to celebrate Christmas and instead ... For the moment I also stop working on Upwork, because I am afraid of not being paid.

Hi Goran,

I asked the Chat Bot and this is his answer. So Upwork processed withdrawal in 1 day..and instead my withdrawal was not processed, so it can never get into my bank account. I would like a concrete answer as to why Upwork holds the money.

"Upwork processes transfers within one business day, funds should arrive at your bank within four business days."

Hi Giuseppe,

Rest assured that you will receive your funds. Our team can initiate a trace on your transaction after 8 business days and assist you further with your funds.
Once again, I would like to confirm that there's nothing to worry about, your funds are not lost. 
The usual timeframe for Direct to Local bank withdrawals is 4 business days.

If you have any additional questions let me know, if private details are involved please post them on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

have you received your amount? As i didn't receive yet and it's 5th day.

I have not receive anything since the 18th of december. I am really upset I will spent my xmas with my family with nothinh. How can they do this to us.

Hi Ahmad,

You're more than welcomed to double check with your bank about your withdrawal. If you don't receive them after 8 business days let us know here, and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jonenriquez
Community Member

Hi. I have not received an email of my payment being processed. Are we having some system downtime?

Hi Jon Antonni,

We don`t have any issues that are affecting your withdrawal. We can confirm that your withdrawal was successful on our end. Please keep in mind that it can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you don`t receive your funds after 8 business days let us know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much Bojan.
ishmael1968
Community Member

hello i have not receive mine as well before i would receive that my payment is being transfred to my bank but now. I dont know why i dont receive anything. Ref id is. 275237989 please help.
ishmael1968
Community Member

Hello, I am encountering same thing as well. Please have this check as I needed the money for christmas. This isnthe first time this happend to me. I hope you guys can resolve this as we also have bills to pay from this salary we have withrawn. Delays means a desaster for us freelancers I hope you understand.
quinterooscar
Community Member

Hi, I recently requested a withdrawal, the withdrawal is taking longer than usual. I received the payment processed email notification but it didn't specify which payment processor was used.

Is there a reason for this ???? Usually, it tells me that my payment processor is transfast, but on this occasion, it doesn't mention anything.

Best regards,

Oscar

raretalent19
Community Member

Hey Abdul - I've experienced the same issue. Could you please verify how long before you received the payment?

Hi Jescyn, I received the payment after 30 days.

Hello,

are you also having problems with the payment confirmation email? Please update me as I am having the same issue. They said I needed to wait for 3 days. before they can track the funds. 

Hi Jes,

Did you already get your funds? Please update.

ishmael1968
Community Member

Hello,
Its been 24 hours after I have withrawn my funds to my account normally it would take 8 hours and I receive a confirmation email that my funds is being transfred to my local bank account. And I get it in the next day. Now I havent got any email at at its been 24 hours. Will any body help me on this. Xmas is fats approaching and I have bills to pay I really need somebody to help me in this. I am really upset as this never happend to me before.
walcot10
Community Member

I am experiencing a similar problem too. I tried to withdraw yesterday via the "Direct to Local Bank" method. This is over 24 hours now and I am yet to receive the money on my bank account. I have been using this method of withdrawal for more than 2 years and it usually takes about 30 minutes for me to receive the money. I contacted a support agent today and it was confirmed that the withdrawal has been processed. The agent told me that withdrawal can take up to four business days for the money to get to my bank. So I have to wait for four business days before I complain again if I don't receive the money.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members