🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Mpesa payment has been rejected
Page options
gitonga-riungu
Community Member

Mpesa payment has been rejected

Good day! I have a problem with M-Pesa Payments. I have been using the Current M-Pesa account to receive payments for over an year now. But lately, when i withdraw to the account, the payment method keeps failing. It happened earlier this week (Feb 2021), but finally, I was able to reactivate and withdraw (after 3 trials). Today (2/26/2021) I tried withdrawing again, it has failed.

What annoys me is that every time Upwork deducts withdrawal fee, although the payment is rejected the fee is not reimbursed.

Please @Upworksupport, look into this, help understand why the payment method keeps failing. Thanks.

35 REPLIES 35
mwangi-william
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue.
@upwork please assist.

When I try to withdraw payment via Mpesa I get the message, failed and my payment method is disabled. On trying to enable and request funds again, I receive the same error message. Please assist

Hello, What was the solution? My MPESA withdrawals have also been rejected for the same reason.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Am getting this message everytime I try to make a withdrawal . I have re-enabled my payment method and it has cost me $4 yet not yet successfull. Kindly fix this. 

Hi Daniel,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bobkibet
Community Member

Hi, my withdrawal to Mpesa failed/rejected. I re-enabled and withdrew again. Thanks. It went through.  

ceecri
Community Member

Hi every time a payment gets rejected, request for the transaction fee to be refunded. That's what I do, so I don't lose money. It will take about 24 to 36 hours to get it refunded.

Hi Gliceria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already have an open ticket regarding your concern. Please feel free to follow up on your open ticket if you have any additional questions and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear about your withdrawal issues. Our team will continue assisting you further on your support tickets

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I keep trying to withdraw my funds to mpesa and it gets rejected. I've tried it 5 times with the same disappointing results. Can you help please, i am in urgent needs of the funds

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your message. I checked and noticed that your Mpesa details were added on 05/23/2021 and will be active on 05/26/2021. You will be able to withdraw funds from 5/26/2021.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
reegz7
Community Member

My mpesa was added on 6th may, i just removed and added it again today to
see if the problem will be fixed. So now i have to wait 3 days to make a
withdrawal. That's sad. This issue has been there from feb 2020, what are
you doing to fix it. Plus itd not the first time making a withdrawal, the
1st time it was so smooth.
sulemanib
Community Member

Today is 2nd March 2021 and we still have this problem. Sad, indeed. It sucks to know that whatever you have earned is a problem withdrawing. 

Hi Sulemani,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with withdrawing. I checked and it looks like you already have a support ticket for this. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there,

I made an Mpesa withdrawal and I am experiencing delays.

Also, over the weekend I made other withdrawals via Mpesa, the payments kept bouncing, and up to date my withdrawal fees (about 4 tries) are yet to be refunded.

This is really inconviniencing.

Hi William,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
juma_wilbroad
Community Member

I don't know what is happening but Upwork is really inconveniencing us with the Mpesa error. I lost 10USD with failed attempts. It's such a pity that we have to toil for our hard-earned money when the company is deducting huge sums from us. 

I have experienced this same problem today. I have tried twice, so you can count the $2 down. I had to change my payment method to PayPal. What's happening?

Hi Pheneas,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Willbroad,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
795a2c04
Community Member

I'm having issues getting paid, my payment method keeps getting disabled and then when I try to withdraw again I keep getting charged $0.99, why I'm I still getting charged and the problem is not on my side?

I'm experiencing the same thing. Not fair that i have to be charged for that. What could be the problem?

Hi Brenda,

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Ryan, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
kelvin_ndiritu
Community Member

Hi, I am currently experiencing issues withdrawing to my Mpesa. I get a notification asking me to re-enable my payment method, which I do. However, the withdrawal gets rejected. Please help with this soon as you can.

Regards,
Kelvin.

Hi Kelvin,

I can see that one of our agents has assisted you directly regarding this issue via a support ticket. The agent has already updated your ticket to share more information with you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mercylinemoraa
Community Member

Hey,i have tried withdrawing money to my mpesa account like three times,but it keeps saying failed, payment method disabled.But i still incur fee charges. How do i go about it,i have cross-checked my details and they match

Hi Mercyline,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
emahtash
Community Member

It seems this is an issue with Upwork. I also tried to withdraw 2 times and still the payment wasn't processed and I was deducted charges.

Hi Emmah,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
christiankw
Community Member

I need help with the same problem.

Hi Kosgei,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d0ad3d66
Community Member

I'm currently experiencing this problem. Kindly assist. I need to withdraw the money urgently.

Hi Josphat,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d0ad3d66
Community Member

@Nikola S please assist because I need this money urgently.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members