🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment via M-Pesa not received
Page options
joskar201
Community Member

Mpesa withdrawal

I withdrew money via Mpesa and got an email confirming that the payment request was processed but it has been 24 hrs but I still haven't received the money. I have withdrawn with Mpesa before and it only took about an hour.

31 REPLIES 31
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joshua,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It has been over 24 hours since i withdrew funds from upwork but i have not received my funds yet

Hi Hellen,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Upwork,

I'm also having the same issue, I did withdraw funds to Mpesa and it's been over 24 hours now but I'm yet to receive the money. Please help.

Hi Caleb,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with tracing your transactions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same issue here.

Hi Brenda,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi guys,

Today Upwork initiated an automatic payment (happens every Wednesday for me) via M-Pesa. M-Pesa transactions are instant - once the payment has been processed, the money appears in my account immediately.

Upwork emailed me that the payment had been processed about 4 hours ago. However, I am yet to receive the money.

Kindly help me out. Thank you in advance.

Hi Mathenge,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the funds to be loaded on your account. If you don't receive them after 24 hours let us know here. Our team will initiate a trace on your transaction and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your reply.

It's been over 30 hours since Upwork reported that the payment processing had been completed. I haven't received the money.

Could you kindly help me out? Thank you in advance.

Thank you for the follow up, Mathenge,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with tracing your transaction. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your response.

I have updated my ticket twice without getting a reply from the support team. Please help me get an update from the team.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Goran,

Please let me know if you are able to help.

I made a withdraw on Saturday 9th May 2020 via mpesa but I haven't received the fund yet.

It appears that Upwork processed my payment and notified me via email that it was successful but I am yet to receive the  funds more than 48 hours later.

Kindly help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hillary,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with a trace. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I withdrew funds more than 36 hours ago via Mpesa and I am yet to receive the withdrawn funds

Hi Diana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your withdrawal. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, Have you received the money yet? It's like payments done to MPESA from yesterday are all stuck.

Did mine tooand i'm ye to receive payment 

ceecri
Community Member

It is been more than 48 hours and I'm yet to receive my payment via Mpesa. And the support agent assigned to my ticket is no longer responding. Someone kindly help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gliceria,

I'm sorry to hear your withdrawn earnings still haven't reflected on your account. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to initiate a trace process for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ceecri
Community Member

Okay thank you.

I did a withdrawal on 15th Jan 2020, It's 19th and not yet received my payment via MPesa despite receiving a confirmatory mail.

Kindly, is this issue on my side or across board for MPesa users?

It's like the issue is affecting everyone using the M-Pesa option. I have talked to a number of freelancers using M-Pesa and none of them has received his or her recent withdrawal. I have also been waiting for my money since 15th.

If you haven't talked to the Upwork support team directly, consider opening a ticket here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
bwagaki
Community Member

Has anyone received their money?

Hi Beatrice,

I am yet to receive my money. Have you received yours?

i still haven't

Hi guys,

I have noticed that quite a big number of M-Pesa users have been having issues with getting their money after withdrawal. Looks like the issue started around December last year (2019).

If anyone here gets his or her money, kindly update us. Let us know what was the actual problem and how it got resolved.

Upwork support team communicated via the ticket and indicated that they initiated a trace. Hope this works out and everyone gets their money.

Not yet.

If anyone receives their money kindly update us Smiley Sad

It's been more than a day.

I have just received my funds. Hope everyone gets theirs.

Just received my funds

Will do.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Please know that this has already been escalated and the team will update you through your support tickets once they have more information about the issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths