🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Much less contacts and jobs after 1 september...
Page options
vasilijebelgrade
Community Member

Much less contacts and jobs after 1 september 2022

Hello

It seems to me that the jobs at upwork has become almost 2 times less in September compared to previous months.

I guess it's because of the crisis.

Or I think it's just me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tjmisny
Community Member

Many people have commented on this same thing in other threads, so it is NOT just you.

* Global enconomy entering recession (Less quality jobs available) 

* Upwork's TV marketing seems to be attracting more new Freelancers than new quality Clients

* Boosted Connects is making competing for jobs more expensive... and is alienating/confusing Clients, scaring them away

* Shift to many Clients being charged Sales Tax for first time is also scaring away quality Clients 

* The fewer existing quality Clients are being innundated with more applications than ever, so less Freelancer applications are getting views, despite Connects being more expensive

It is bleak out there.  I don't think Upwork can survive another year like this unless they listen to Freelancers who are trying to save the platform with constructive ideas.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tjmisny
Community Member

Many people have commented on this same thing in other threads, so it is NOT just you.

* Global enconomy entering recession (Less quality jobs available) 

* Upwork's TV marketing seems to be attracting more new Freelancers than new quality Clients

* Boosted Connects is making competing for jobs more expensive... and is alienating/confusing Clients, scaring them away

* Shift to many Clients being charged Sales Tax for first time is also scaring away quality Clients 

* The fewer existing quality Clients are being innundated with more applications than ever, so less Freelancer applications are getting views, despite Connects being more expensive

It is bleak out there.  I don't think Upwork can survive another year like this unless they listen to Freelancers who are trying to save the platform with constructive ideas.

9c604a6a
Community Member

Thank you Thomas for your thoughts on this issue
What Freelancers ideas looks like ? What're the suggestions you saw ? 
Sales tax is new to me, and certainly I agree that could be an issue at the moment as well

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members