Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Freelancers

mowahab
Mohammed F Member Since: Apr 23, 2017
1 of 4

Hello community, 

I needed to ask about a situation that I currently have with one job contract. 
I have a job contract going and the same job was offered and contracted to another two freelancers. 
I totally understand that the client must hire more than one freelancer to test and decide which one shall proceed with the job. 
But I and another freelancer have been hired for more than a week now, but never received any job instructions nor any tasks to do. 
At the same time another freelancer is already working on the job and logging time. 
So I just wanted to check is that a normal situation ? and I was also considered would that affact my score ?
Cause I have heard that having a job with no progress or money transaction would affact the score of the freelancer. So if it does, When exactly should it affact me. 

Thank you all, 
Mohammed

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

Clients hire multiple freelancers for many reasons, not just to test them out. They may have multiple people working on their project permanently.

The other freelancers a client hires do not have anything to do with you or your job success score.

If you have an open but inactive contract for an extended period of time, eventually it will drag your job success score down. But that is unrelated to anybody else a client is working with.

mowahab
Mohammed F Member Since: Apr 23, 2017
3 of 4

Hello Preston,

Thank you very much for your reply, I know that my JSS isn't related to other freelancers working with client. 

And I know that there might be other reasons to hire multiple freelancers. 

What I meant and the situation I'm having currently is that the client hired 3 Freelancers for the same job. 

But only one of them ( Who offered the lowest rate ) is working, And the client keeps saying that he will be sending me work and he never does. 

Which made me think he only hired us as backup in case other freelancer fails. 

It has already been more than two weeks now and client still haven't sent any work, nor ended the contract. 

So I'm afraid that having that job with no actions longer than that would affect my JSS, also ending the contract would affect me if the client left bad feedback. 

So what should I do if the client won't either send work nor end contract ?

And why should a job with no money transaction give the option of a private feedback that would affect the freelancers JSS ?

Thanks,

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

@Mohammed F wrote:

And why should a job with no money transaction give the option of a private feedback that would affect the freelancers JSS ?

Because otherwise freelancers could go around entering into a lot of contracts and never completing the work and it would never show up in their JSS because they dropped the ball before they got paid.

As to your overall question, you will want to close the contract before it drags on for too long, but you can wait another couple of weeks or more without doing yourself any harm. If you are concerned about that triggering bad feedback, there's no sure protection, but you may want to message the client when you close the contract and let him know that you're closing it because contracts that are open for too long with no activity hurt your profile, but that he is welcome to click "hire" on your profile and start a new contract with you if he has work for you in the future.

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS