🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Multiple Salary
Page options
celzy8
Community Member

Multiple Salary

I'm wondering why the payment type is "Multiple". Upon checking, my client has been billed for a salary besides my hourly rate. How should we update this because this might cause confusion on my client's end. This is my first time to have a weekly payment in my contract with a client so I'm surprised that besides the hourly rate, there is another pending salary (equal to 2 hours in total). Can you please enlighten me and my client on what to do with this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Jocelyn,

When a client makes an offer on an Hourly Contract, they can specify an additional recurring Weekly Payment amount, to be added to their invoice each Monday on top of the hours billed from you. If you feel your client may have added this option to your contract unintentionally, I would suggest you discuss it with them. You may need to end the current contract and create a new one without Weekly Payments to continue working together. You can refund the client any amount they may not have intended to pay.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Jocelyn,

When a client makes an offer on an Hourly Contract, they can specify an additional recurring Weekly Payment amount, to be added to their invoice each Monday on top of the hours billed from you. If you feel your client may have added this option to your contract unintentionally, I would suggest you discuss it with them. You may need to end the current contract and create a new one without Weekly Payments to continue working together. You can refund the client any amount they may not have intended to pay.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members