🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Multiple Tracker at the same time
Page options
faisalsamroz01
Community Member

Multiple Tracker at the same time

HI, 

I have premium freelancer account and doing multiple projects at the same time. Now a days, I have few projects with hourly base. So I'm quite confuse If I can run multiple trackers from different computers at the same time or not?

I just want to complete deadlines and time is short. So is there any issue if I run multiple trackers after installation of upwork app in different laptops at the same timr? Or I can only run one tracker at one time.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faisal,

I see other users already responded to your question and I'd like to clarify that only the hired freelancer is allowed to work and log time on an Hourly contract as per Upwork ToS.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
iamchunchunchun
Community Member

Did I misunderstand something here or are you asking how to cheat the clients?

Not at all. I have multiple  hourly jobs and running a company account on upwork. I have more than 2 clients that awarded me projects on hourly base. I have a small team of developers that I'm running. 
So is that possible, one developer can login using the same account and start working on job 1 using upwork tracker and another developer login using the same account and start working on job 2 using the upwork tracker too?

Is that possible?

No, it is neither possible nor allowed.

You must never, ever, let anyone other than yourself touch any hourly contracts you have won. It is a serious policy violation and can get you and the other freelancer kicked off the platform.

If you can’t do the work you should not have accepted the contracts, it is as easy as that.

When you have an hourly contract you, and only you, can work on it. This does not just mean “track time” - nobody can touch it, even if the client agreed.

Hi , what if the freelancer didn’t know about this being a red flagged , will that freelancer be given a warning? Or does upwork automatically kick out that freelancer who broke the rule?

@Jevil P wrote:
Hi , what if the freelancer didn’t know about this being a red flagged , will that freelancer be given a warning? Or does upwork automatically kick out that freelancer who broke the rule?

That really depend on whether the freelancer was caught or not..... Obviously no honest freelancer would ever think it is OK to charge the same time to 2 clients.

Hi, how about, can I accept multiple clients both hourly based (will work at different time tho)

re: "can I accept multiple clients both hourly based (will work at different time tho)"

Yes.

petra_r
Community Member

You are asking if you can defraud your clients by getting paid for the same time by several clients.

The answer is, of course “No, you can’t”

When a client pays you hourly That client pays for your undivided attention for the time you are logging, not half, a quarter, or whatever.

Exactly, you are saying right that when client hire us on hourly we have to pay full attention on that work. I just want to know the query on this point and I got answer in clear words that is it against the policy of upwork TOC.

thank you for everyone.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faisal,

I see other users already responded to your question and I'd like to clarify that only the hired freelancer is allowed to work and log time on an Hourly contract as per Upwork ToS.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I completely understand. 

Thank you!

@Faisal S wrote:

I completely understand. 

Thank you!

I hope you also understand that even on a fixed price contract, you must first receive permission from the client before you assign the job to someone on your 'team' of developers, especially since your profile makes no mention of any 'team'.

Yes John.

I understand. I only need to know the policy of upwork on that point. thats why I posted this thread here.

@Faisal S wrote:

Yes John.

I understand. I only need to know the policy of upwork on that point. thats why I posted this thread here.

Well, you claimed to be registered as a company (which. Is an agency). Which appears to be missing from your profile, meaning you have not added your “team” to your agency profile or paid the agency fee..... your “agency” is only you so your “team” can not work any Upwork jobs.

Regarding this...

I have two computers. On at my "freelance" office and second my personal laptop. If I personally working on project from 10-12 , then go home ( different adress , ,different ip ) and then continue to work , could this be a problem?

Hi Martin,

Just to confirm that this is not a problem or a violation, but be advised that if there are inconsistencies with your IP location your account may be flagged to prevent unauthorized access to your account. 

If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello sir,

I have some couple of hourly projects. Can I log in to different projects at same time from 2 laptops at same time. I am planning to hire a designer if we can do so. Awaiting your support on this one.

As written before, no. You cannot bill both clients for same time. You cannot share your account with designer. 

Hi Hari, 

Mykola is correct. If you hire someone to do your hourly contract by logging time for you, this will be in violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. Please refrain from sharing your account information with another person, and asking them to track time on your behalf. If you would like to hire a designer for your project, it's best to ask your client to end the hourly contract and hire you through a fixed-price contract instead. 

I would highly recommend checking out the Trust & Safety Policies we have here for more information on how you can work safely on Upwork, to avoid violationg the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths