Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple agency freelancers in the same job

federico_rivero
Ace Contributor
Federico R Member Since: May 5, 2017
1 of 5

Hi there!

One question. I am currently working on a project as a member of an agency. I would like for an agency collegue to work with me in the job. How can I do that?  I would like for him to get paid a part of the job total and that he can track his hours.

Thanks!

Federico

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

the client can hire your colleague through the agency. That's the only way.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 5

Hi Federico,

You can achieve this by asking your client to hire your team member and set up an Hourly contract. Note that only the hired freelancer can log hours on Hourly contracts.

Untitled
federico_rivero
Ace Contributor
Federico R Member Since: May 5, 2017
4 of 5

Thank you both for your answers!

Another question, how´s the deal with money splitting? 

This is what I want to do: Let´s say I get a contract for $1000 and I work 10 hours in it, after that, I decide I want a friend of mine to help me with the job. I would like for the client to hire him, and if for instance, he works 30 hours, then we would split 750 for him and 250 for me. And Ideally we would both get a completed job and feedback from the client.

That´s the model we would use in real life. Is there a way for me emulate that within the platform? Smiley Happy 

Thanks!

Federico

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Federico,

Since you and your friend have to work on separate hourly contracts from your respective accounts, each of you will be paid for the hours you log. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS