🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Multiple clients unresponsive for many months...
Page options
loganlepage
Community Member

Multiple clients unresponsive for many months but afraid to close the contract

Hello,

I am a freelance writer and over the last couple of years I've gone through several dozen clients only to have some completely disappear after a few milestones are completed. The problem is if I close the contract it will reflect badly on my job success score because I won't get any feedback from any MIA clients. I've done this in the past and it lowered my "Long Term Clients" recommendation score dropped to 50%. I'm worried my job success score will plummet and I'll lose my top rated signifier if I close a bunch of contracts all at once. 

Right now I have 11 contracts open but only a couple have been active in the past few months. It not only creates a mess on the My Jobs tab but I feel it reflects badly on any potential new clients when it looks like I'm working with over 10 simultaneous clients at once. How can I close these contracts without it affecting my recommendation score? 

Thanks,
Logan

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Close the jobs one at a time, doing so in between successful completion of jobs which receive feedback from the clients.

Work your way toward having no inactive contracts.

kat303
Community Member

If you close those jobs all at the same time, yes, it will affect your JSS. Close one and then wait until you have a few sucessful jobs with feedback then close another one etc. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members