🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Multiple due dates in one contract.
Page options
nteetzel
Community Member

Multiple due dates in one contract.

Hello, I have a contract that has three jobs with three different due dates all in one job.

The due dates for this job are - Dec 7, Dec 15, and Dec 22. 

I've completed the first one which was due on Dec 7... and the client has submitted payment for that first job.

But I don't see a way to submit my work for the ones that are due Dec 15 or Dec 22.

Is there anything my client needs to do on their end?

Thank you so much!

Nick

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Nick T wrote:

But I don't see a way to submit my work for the ones that are due Dec 15 or Dec 22.
Is there anything my client needs to do on their end?

That means the client never funded and activated those milestones - it even literally tells you so in the contract - and you should not have done the work for them. The client needs to fund milestone 2, thenyou submit the work, then the client approves milestone 2, and funds milestone 3, you submit the work for milestone 3, the client approves and you get paid.

Don't ever work on milestones that aren't funded because they are meaningless.

nteetzel
Community Member

That makes sense - but I'm not seeing it in the contract? 

Is there any particular section in the contract that I should be looking for?

thank you so much!

The client can set up milestones when the offer is created, or add milestones later to an existing contract. No matter how it was set up, the next milestone can only be activated/added and activated when the prior milestone is approved. No actions from your side, it's all on the client side. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You mean milestones, you can't have 3 jobs in one job. 

Yeah, that's what I meant... thank you. 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members