🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Multiple-job contract
Page options
bizwizard
Community Member

Multiple-job contract

I have a client who wants me to do similar work for an associated company. There are ten articles to review, each worth $50-$100 too me. He said to just bill him.

Obviously, I'd like milestones for each article.

Is this a situation where I should use a direct contract?

I'm not too familiar with hourly billing--if my client sets up a contract and an escrow, I would just work on the articles and get paid weekly for whatever hours I bill?

Or should I ask my client to set the milestones and put funds in escrow--a lot of work for someone else's company. Are there other reasonable alternatives for him (and me)?

If I use a direct contract, I have to estimate the hours for each miestone, which is not easy. So I'd ask for enough to cover the high estimate; anything left over woud go to the next milestone--is that how it works?

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
02d3e798
Community Member

You could send propose a new contract (click the  three dots at the top of your existing contract) and set the ten milestones may be at $75/100 each and then he can just fund the milestones as you go through them. You can always change the future milestone amounts as you work through them. He just has to accept the proposal and then it comes back to you as an offer.

Thanks!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members