cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple workrooms or message areas needed under 1 contract

Highlighted
Jonathan A Member Since: Dec 2, 2019
1 of 12

I'm working with a client under a contract with a set amount of hours. However, as I near the limit, the client will increase the hours in 40-80 blocks or whatever we negotiate.

We are processing several various jobs under the time constraint. So far we have about 7 different projects running at the same time. So our message string is getting long and with several files being uploaded. 

The client and I would like to be able to setup separate catagories or something to help separate each of the jobs without starting a bunch of new projects. At this point the work is just flowing from the client, so we need to be able to stay organized. Normally I would use something like Trello or Microsoft Teams. How do I do something similar and stay in the Upwork ecosystem?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 12

You don't have to manage your projects on Upwork unless you want to. You have to get paid through Upwork. 

Highlighted
3 of 12

Thank you for the quick reply. I would totally go to another project management platform, but wanted to see if there was something available in Upwork first.

The client works with several people on Upwork and for them, its easier to hit up one platform, handle their outsourcing needs and move on. They are not interested in jumping between various project management platforms between all their outsourcing.

Eventually they might, but for now, I really just need a way to easily organize and manage several little jobs under 1 ongoing contract.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Julie J Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
4 of 12

Can you manage your own Trello and copy and paste as documents and instructions come in from the client for each project to keep it all straight on your end?

Highlighted
5 of 12

I thought about that and even starting setting up MS Teams and Trello to see which I'd prefer. Then I got the answer below about creating rooms. I'm going to run with the multiple rooms for now.

Thank you very much for taking time to answer my question though!

Highlighted
Community Leader
Robert G Member Since: Aug 7, 2018
6 of 12

I have not added a room in the message portion but it sounds like what you want. Make a room for each project and invite your client. 

Am I wrong in how this would help?

Highlighted
7 of 12
I'll definitely give that a try and let you know. Thanks!
Highlighted
Community Leader
Robert G Member Since: Aug 7, 2018
BEST ANSWER
8 of 12

If you have the time, please come back with an update. If that works, maybe make that a solution for others to know what to do.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
9 of 12

Exactly what was needed. The client just said it looks like we'll have a house by the time we are done.....I see that as a.......

BIG FAT WIN!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
10 of 12

Jonathan A wrote:

Exactly what was needed. The client just said it looks like we'll have a house by the time we are done.....I see that as a.......

BIG FAT WIN!

Thanks!

Thanks for the update. I haven't used Upwork's rooms but have used several other project management apps with various clients. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS