🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Account got Suspended for no Valid Actions
Page options
8bbc32f0
Community Member

My Account got Suspended for no Valid Actions

**Edited for Community Guidelines** is my Client, I met her on a social media platform and joined her Office, And to keep payments secure I told her to hire me through Upwork for work I would need to do as I heard of Upwork for it's great and the safest escrow systems, I informed her about the Issue and she said It might have happened because she used the same computer I in use in **Edited for Community Guidelines** (**Edited for Community Guidelines**)

And I quite didn't understand abusing the feedback system? 
What did I do wrong? I just got hired by an offline client on Upwork for secure payments

Hope to get my issue solved by Upwork support Team
Best Regards 

Fahim Uddin

20 REPLIES 20
petra_r
Community Member

Fahim U wrote:

Murshida is my Client, I met her on a social media platform and joined her Office, And to keep payments secure I told her to hire me through Upwork for work I would need to do as I heard of Upwork for it's great and the safest escrow systems,

If you and your employer use the same computer and office, there is no genuine, honest reason for you to get paid through Upwork. None. Zero. 

Please don't even pretend otherwise, as it insults the intelligence of anyone reading this. It's so blatant.

And yes, that kind of trick is strictly forbidden and generally leads to a permanent ban. Quite rightly so.

The *only* possible real reason for you asking her to hire and pay you on Upwork is that you wanted to get good feedback on your profile.

8bbc32f0
Community Member

Dear Petra,

I think I mentioned I used upwork for it's secure payment system, and Upwork also encourages it's freelancers to bring personal clients to Upwork
And If I wanted a good feedback I would've submitted and would've got it by now.
And If Upwork bans me for Using it's Payment system and helping it by bringing In personal Clients, I dont have anything to say.
Best Regards 
Fahim uddin

petra_r
Community Member

Fahim U wrote:

I think I mentioned I used upwork for it's secure payment system

You don't need "a secure payment system" to get paid by someone who sits in the same room.

Fahim U wrote:

Upwork also encourages it's freelancers to bring personal clients to Upwork

Real clients. Not your pal or sister or auntie.

Fahim U wrote:  helping it by bringing In personal Clients

Please don't pretend you are doing Upwork a favour by basically buying feedback. If all you wanted is a safe payment gateway (which isn't true) you'd have done "direct contract" and saved the fee. It would be best to stop pretending. 

Fahim U wrote:

... I dont have anything to say.

That's often a good idea - As they say: "When in a hole, stop digging"...

Sometimes Upwork will reconsider if a freelancer admits what they did wrong and promise to follow the terms of service in future. Those who keep lying have little chance.

8bbc32f0
Community Member

1.I used upwork as a payment gateway is it hard to understand?
2.How's that my Auntie or Pal?
3.I don't even know something called direct Contracts exist.....

4.Why would I be lying while asking for Solutions?!

1.I used upwork as a payment gateway is it hard to understand? It's unreasonable to pay a 20% fee for a deliverable that you could have gotten 100% of. 
2.How's that my Auntie or Pal? What would you call somebody that lets you use his computer?
3.I don't even know something called direct Contracts exist..... that's a shame because it would have saved you a lot of headaches. 

4.Why would I be lying while asking for Solutions?! You would be surprised. People come to the forum red-hot outraged about something, not realising they have committed a violation of upwork's ToS. Happens pretty much daily. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

A client and freelancer using the same computer will always be flagged. This hints at being not a typical client/freelancer relationship which is usually physically separate, and could be feedback building. Think of this as two people in the same household creating freelancer and client accounts and hiring each other. 

It is usually almost impossible to explain that away as not being nefarious. One could ask why a client that you personally know and even work on their computer (no good reason for that) should pay you via upwork, you paying a substantial fee, when easier payment methods are readily available. Now, if you only intended to use upwork as a payment method, you should have used direct contracts. In that case, no contract or feedback would show up on your profile, so you can't be accused of feedback building. If you used regular contracts, there's really no way you can justify willing to pay a much higher fee, if it's not related to getting feedback. 

Where is the Direct contract option?

designologybd
Community Member

I am **Edited for Community Guidelines** Client he works in my office sometimes on the Same computer, to create a secure payment system I gave him the work he needed to do on Upwork

How is that violating the Feedback system?
I was just trying to use Upwork's secure payment systems😔

Murshida K wrote:

he works in my office sometimes on the Same computer, to create a secure payment system I gave him the work he needed to do on Upwork

Yes of course... Why don't you just pay him cash while sitting next to each other? Or give him a check or send the money by bank like normal people?

What possible sense does it make to lose on currency exchange twice (to change your currency to US Dollars and then back to your currence, and the 20% fee, and the money he has to pay to withdraw his money?

Murshida K wrote:

I was just trying to use Upwork's secure payment systems😔

PLEASE. How is that more secure than just giving him the money when you both sit in the same room?

Because it's feedback building to create contracts between two parties that are using the same computer sitting in the same room. 

If a situation arises that is actually legit - I'm not saying it's completely inconceivable that a work situation presents itself where you go to the client's office to do some work. What to do in that case? Decline the job. It's not worth the risk of being flagged and losing your profile. 

If that's the Case I should've been warned before my account got suspended?

No, it's the basic assumption that you have read and understood the ToS. When you sign up, you confirm that. Once a violation is detected, there is no need for a warning. 

Then what is the Process to Recover my Account?? 

Hi Murshida,

Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I understood but what is the Process to Recover my Account?? 

Hi Murshida,

Our team will guide you further directly on your ticket with the number 33414890. Feel free to follow up there with any additional questions or information you have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Nobody Contacted me Yet......

Murshida K wrote:

Nobody Contacted me Yet......

Give it a day or two.

Murshida K wrote:

Then what is the Process to Recover my Account?? 

The best way is to come clean and admit what happened, rather than making up such ridiculous stories that nobody would ever believe. Admit what happened, apologize for it, promise never ever to do anything that stupid again, and maybe Upwork will let you have your account back.

You're really a freelancer, so it is in your interest to at least try and get this sorted out.

roberty1y
Community Member

Getting hired through Upwork by someone in the same room is a good way to have both your accounts banned. These transactions should be called Upwork suicide pacts. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members