🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My 'Boost Outbid' proposals connects are not ...
Page options
h_julianto
Community Member

My 'Boost Outbid' proposals connects are not refunded

AFAIK this should be refunded.
I have 3 boost outbid proposals yesterday but the connects were not refunded.
I've checked on My Stats. The client didn't view the proposals nor interview me. This means there were completely no elligible interaction to the proposals.
Please someone / CS clarify this rigged system!!!

13 REPLIES 13
ArjayM

Hi Handika,

I can see that Connects used for one out of three Outbid Boost Proposals has been credited back to your account. Please allow 24-48 hours for the other two to be credited back to your account. Let us if they still haven't been credited and we'll surely look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
h_julianto
Community Member

That's too long... Investigate it now!!!

sofia2008
Community Member

Please read carefully how the Boosting feature works.

Boost Your Proposal – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Connects are refunded after the auction (7 days) or after the first hire. Allow 24 hours.

You can look at your Connect History in the Report section so see what has been refunded/charged.

You don't need Customer Support.

I'm aware with all of that.
The system is getting more rigged since we need to wait. It should be instant refund. Should not need to wait for hours/days
Connects are freelancer's live. Upwork should be fully aware of this

A system is not rigged because it is not quick enough for some people. Boosting is an optional feature. No one is forced to use it.

No one is directly forced to use it but those who use it get noticed easily and win the job most of the time, so, there's no option other than paying and using the boost option for those who want to survive here, it's an undebatable reality now!

There are 2 more outbid proposals which are not refunded yet for 1 day.

CONNECTS ARE VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE WE ARE BUYING IT!!!
PLEASE INVESTIGATE ABOUT THIS ON MY ACCOUNT!!!
I'M REALLY TIRED AND SICK ABOUT THIS!!!

NEED MY CONNECT BACK ASAP!!!

8d1359cb
Community Member

This boosting system is cancer to both freelancers and clients. seriously how can a freelancer compete against those agencies which are boosting upto 50+ connects on a job.

ebbb27d7
Community Member

hey, I have also been outbid on some of my proposals. There is no client interaction and i've been outbid on them, but upwok have not refunded me for it still after so many days. Also, on some of my boosted proposals, the client hired someone else, and did not viewed my proposal, the upwork returned those boosted connects, and then deducted them again from account, I have seen it in the connects history. 

Kindly help and take a quick action on it. 

Hi M Huzaifa,

I can confirm that your Connects are accurate. When you don't see the boosted amount being refunded, it's because you received an eligible interaction from the client. The following are considered eligible interactions:

• The client opens your proposal
  • The client sends an offer to you
  • The client shortlists your proposal
  • The client messages you
  • The client archives your proposal
  • The client declines your proposal

Feel free to visit this article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

If the clients do anything at all, with your proposal, you don't receive your connects back. When you bid, that's it. You write a fantastic proposal and let it go. If the client wants to hire you, they will let you know.

I suggest if you want to freelance, go to the top of the page, and click on the "Academy" link. You are at high risk of being scammed because you don't know the rules and your profile is incomplete.

Unless you have explicit permission from Mr. Beast, Elon Musk, etc. you cannot use their material in your portfolio. If you don't have samples, then create some.

It's crucial to remember that you are responsible for protecting yourself. No one, including Upwork, will do the work for you. Having a great profile will attract clients and deter scammers. Be safe.

ebbb27d7
Community Member

alright then what about connects that were previosuly refunded to me and then dedcuted again?

Also, there is no interaction on my proposals, the client interviewed other 4-5 people, but haven't even messaged me, viewed my proposal, and even if he declined it, it shoul've shown me the viewed action then? Answers for that? 

rumman-sadiq
Community Member

Hi I applied to this job and boosted it with 300 connects. I was outbid from the top 4 slots (confirmed from a friend who also applied on the same job and got the screenshot as well) and then I received the response from the client. The connects hasn't been refunded.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members