🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Client Created New Client Account
Page options
c14b1942
Community Member

My Client Created New Client Account

My client told me that he was going to end our contract but we have ongoing projects. He just told me that he will be creating a new account and I do not know the reason why. I am hoping that Upwork will give consideration to reduce the service fee by 10% since we have reached more than $500 in our first contract before he made another account. 

I hope once Upwork verified that my client just created new client account, you will take into consideration the reduction of  10% service. It will help me a lot. Please... Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Nichola,

A user can create multiple client companies under the same user ID and switch between them using the drop down account selector while keeping them separate. For more information please see this help article. A user may also be a team member and be granted permissions for other client companies without having to log into another account. More information about that is also available in the section 1 of the User Agreement.

Vincent John,

If your client needs assistance with setting this up, please suggest that they reach out to our support team by clicking the Get Help button here. Our agent will gladly assist them accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jr-translation
Community Member

Vincent John B wrote:

My client told me that he was going to end our contract but we have ongoing projects. He just told me that he will be creating a new account and I do not know the reason why. I am hoping that Upwork will give consideration to reduce the service fee by 10% since we have reached more than $500 in our first contract before he made another account. 

I hope once Upwork verified that my client just created new client account, you will take into consideration the reduction of  10% service. It will help me a lot. Please... Thank you!

Why would a client need a new account? If he needs a new account, something is fishy and you should trust your guts and look for a new client.

What's the problem with that? 

There may be a legit reason to do so, I have clients who pay me from different accounts. But I don`t ask why or ask to get the 10% discount, I just don`t bother about it. My guess is, one is personal, the other to pay using their business account. 

Unless things have dramatically changed on Upwork. A client may NOT have more than one account.  I have flagged this thread for clarification. 

And Upwork - I mean clarification - are clients allowed more than one account? 

Hi Nichola,

A user can create multiple client companies under the same user ID and switch between them using the drop down account selector while keeping them separate. For more information please see this help article. A user may also be a team member and be granted permissions for other client companies without having to log into another account. More information about that is also available in the section 1 of the User Agreement.

Vincent John,

If your client needs assistance with setting this up, please suggest that they reach out to our support team by clicking the Get Help button here. Our agent will gladly assist them accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
c14b1942
Community Member

Thank you!

elitegra
Community Member

Hi Bojan, will he in that case get the 10% discount?  It would be good to know. 

petra_r
Community Member

Wilson E wrote:

I have clients who pay me from different accounts. But I don`t ask why or ask to get the 10% discount, I just don`t bother about it. 

No, you just out them to Upwork on Upwork's own forum 😉

That'll teach them....

elitegra
Community Member

Sorry Petra, I don`t really understand what you mean 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members