cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Client Disappeared WITH Payment!

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
1 of 2

I was prompted to write this post because I have seen a lot of posts regarding clients that disappear without having made payments to their freelancers.

Mine is a reverse situation. During the entire project the client has been essentially non-responsive to my questions (client is overloaded with other responsibilities), which has caused a delay with final delivery.

However, the client has faithfully paid all off-line time charged amounting to about 75% of the agreed to "not to exceed" price on our hourly contract (I stopped charging a few weeks ago).

I trust the client explicitly. Apparently, our trust in one another is mutual; hence, the timely payment history.

Anyway, I decided that in the next few weeks I'm going to deliver the final project (migrate a new website to his hosting account replacing the old site) with or without his presence and any needed participation.

I made a lot of decisions without his input. I bet that will prompt him to approach me with a lot of questions...lol....

Positive feedback and 5.0 ratings in all rated categories on oDesk are important to both clients and freelancers. I am interested in maintaining my positive feedback and 5.0 ratings here on oDesk.

My concern is, will successful delivery and our mutual trust be enough for me to earn that positive feedback and 5.0 rating? I hope so, because I intend to leave good feedback and a 5.0 rating for him.

Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
BEST ANSWER
2 of 2

Ronald, looks like you are on the right track.

If I were you I would make sure I didnt do anything that was not discussed or was on the spec. Because I wouldnt surprice the client.

Otherwise looks like you deserver 5 starts!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS