🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Client Paid My Payment To Another Freelanc...
Page options
sunnyjaryal7
Community Member

My Client Paid My Payment To Another Freelancer

Hi Everyone,

I am new on Upwork & I have complete $140 one project of my client but the client paid to another freelancer similar to my name now that freelancer refusing to give refund What can I do?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Amit,

Could you please send me the Contract ID/URL via PM(click on my name) so that I can check the details? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dzadza
Community Member

Amit,
I don't see any jobs in progress on your profile...were you hired for the project?

re: "I am new on Upwork & I have complete $140 one project of my client but the client paid to another freelancer similar to my name now that freelancer refusing to give refund What can I do?"

You do understand that this makes no sense, right?

When clients use Upwork, they don't just send money to Upwork with a note attached: "Please give this to Amit."

A client creates a job post, and click a Hire button within that post, and that sends an offer to ONE SPECIFIC freelancer, linking through a unique internal ID. The link is not just a name.

As a freelancer, you were either hired for the job, or not.

If you were the one hired, then you are the one who will be paid for the work. It does not matter what your name is or if other people have a similar name.

If you were NOT hired for the job, then you don't do the work.

So if everything in your original post accurately reflects your experiences, then the main problem here has nothing to do with $140, and it has nothing to do with any specific client or job or another freelancer. The main thing that you need to focus on is learning how to use Upwork properly.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths