🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Client Would Like To Pay But His Account S...
Page options
nexusbotswana
Community Member

My Client Would Like To Pay But His Account Seems Inaccessible

Hello. 

In July 2020, I was invited for a chat interview through the Upwork Service and I accepted the job to do an elaborate Business Plan. It was a rate-based job. The client offered me an amount  upon completion, which I accepted. He also offered a bonus depending on how I would have performed. Over the next 3 months I took instructions and completed the task, to his satisfaction. 

The problems:

1. We never formalized it with a contract. It was a mistake/oversight on both our parts. However, we are both willing to formalize it if there is a right way to do so.

2. He tried to Hire me formally about 24 hours ago som as to formalize the assignment and he encountered a message that said he could not login and that an email would be sent to him in 48 hours. See Attached

Kindly advise on best way to proceed with the above so I can get paid soonest. 

Kikndly

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I haven't experience a client getting a ban in a while, but I've seen it work a couple ways. The first (and most common) is that there is nothing on the freelancer side that shows the client was suspended. But I've also seen them completely kill an account, archive the room, and you can't message the client anymore. The latter happened a long time ago for me.

Not saying for sure they got suspended, but it's suspect. And no there is no recourse without a contract.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nyasha,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request and the client you're referring to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Nyasha M wrote:

Hello. 

In July 2020, I was invited for a chat interview through the Upwork Service and I accepted the job to do an elaborate Business Plan. It was a rate-based job. The client offered me an amount  upon completion, which I accepted. He also offered a bonus depending on how I would have performed. Over the next 3 months I took instructions and completed the task, to his satisfaction. 

The problems:

1. We never formalized it with a contract. It was a mistake/oversight on both our parts. However, we are both willing to formalize it if there is a right way to do so.

2. He tried to Hire me formally about 24 hours ago som as to formalize the assignment and he encountered a message that said he could not login and that an email would be sent to him in 48 hours. See Attached

Kindly advise on best way to proceed with the above so I can get paid soonest. 

Kikndly

How is he communicating with you if there is no contract and he can't log in? You might want to brace yourself for not getting paid.

He sent me a phone message when he failed to login. Are we saying that there might be no recourse?

Let me add that we do have messages on the Upwork Chat Room. From the time we were doing the assignment. 

I haven't experience a client getting a ban in a while, but I've seen it work a couple ways. The first (and most common) is that there is nothing on the freelancer side that shows the client was suspended. But I've also seen them completely kill an account, archive the room, and you can't message the client anymore. The latter happened a long time ago for me.

Not saying for sure they got suspended, but it's suspect. And no there is no recourse without a contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths