🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Client didn't pay me since September 2019
Page options
di3goalmeida
Community Member

My Client didn't pay me since September 2019

Hi, my client is taking too long time to answer my messages and pay the milestones. The project is already closed, and my client didn't answer the chat, can you guys help me to resolve this problem?

The contract ID is: 22535975 **Edited for Community Guidelines**
And the client name is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Diego,

If your client never funded the milestones you have not been paid for, you have no recourse through Upwork to get paid now, even if you did the work and sent it to the client.

Under Upwork's rules, clients are not responsible for paying for fixed price-related work related to unfunded milestones or work submitted to the client by any means other than the "Submit" button on the project's page on Upwork.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
robin_hyman
Community Member

The client closed the project without paying?  Do you have proof you did the work?  

Sure! there are a lot of messages and files.

Diego A wrote:

Sure! there are a lot of messages and files.

It doesn't matter.

If you've not been paid for a contract that happened in September, there is no way to get any money out of the client and you most likely mismanaged the contract.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Diego,

If your client never funded the milestones you have not been paid for, you have no recourse through Upwork to get paid now, even if you did the work and sent it to the client.

Under Upwork's rules, clients are not responsible for paying for fixed price-related work related to unfunded milestones or work submitted to the client by any means other than the "Submit" button on the project's page on Upwork.

September 2019?

I have a phrase I use to refer to clients who owe me money for work done three months ago:

"clients who don't owe me money"

Forget about this.

louisaj
Community Member

If the contract is closed and you haven't heard from the client, I think they have gone and won't be coming back. 

If the contract was closed and there were funds left in Escrow, then according to Upwork: "When you end a contract with funds left in escrow, you'll need to request an escrow refund. If the freelancer or agency rejects your request, it also becomes an escrow dispute."

Who closed the contract?

How long after submitting the work was the contract closed?

Are there funds left in Escrow?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members