Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Client disappeared without payment

Highlighted
Mohammad A Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
1 of 8

Hello !

I feel so disappointed after oDesk official's behaviour and nobody seems would help me. I came here with a hope that somebody would guide me.

I was working for a client **edited for Community Guidelines**, he asked me to replicate a website, we agreed on $400, my client dropped me a $200 mileston, as we were agreed on 50% on half website completion and %50 after full completion. I have completed my client website but client did not release my first mileston of $200, i have sent him many messages to release me a full payment because website is completed, but he is not replying for two weeks. 

I contacted to odesk officials and told my issue, one of represantative pats with these words, we do not mediate over fixed price, but i say odesk is just concerned charging money over fixed, and hourly price. Seems so ridiculous.

Just wanted to know is there any possibility to get my money?

Thanks

Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
2 of 8

Hi Mohammad,

How come you carried on to finish the project if your client had not released the first milestone?

The idea of milestones, is to give your client the opportunity to review each stage of the project. Releasing the first milestone generally indicates that the client is happy for you to carry on with the project.

There will surely be times when the client does not want to move on to the next milestone, whether he is not satisfied with work work, or he has just completely change his mind about the project. Whatever the reason, you shouldn't be working on the next milestone until the previous one has been approved.

You mentioned that it has been 2 weeks and no word from your client. If your client had funded the first milestone, it should automatically be released to you after 14 days, if your client does not respond.

3 of 8

Hi Jaffer!

Thanks for your reply. My client hardly come online and respond me, and he was satisfied with the work and i already asked him to release fund, but he didn't pay attention. 

He funded me 6 April 2015, it is been 15 days now but first mileston has not released yet.

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
4 of 8

Have you asked for approval? If so, it would have been automatically released after 14 days.

Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
5 of 8

Sorry, what I meant was, it will take 14 days from when you submit the work for your first milestone.

If you have already submitted the work, the 14 days starts from that date, not the date the milestone was funded.

6 of 8

4 days ago i have submitted work for approval, now I'm waiting 

Thank you Jaffer Smiley Happy

Ace Contributor
Arens M Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
BEST ANSWER
7 of 8

After 14 days from your submission, the funds for the 200$ milestone will be available to your account.
It happend to me in the past. Don't worry
Cheers.

8 of 8

Thank you Arens!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS