🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Client is Suspended
Page options
leilaahtrevor
Community Member

My Client is Suspended

Hi Upwork Community, 

I have a weird situation. I was doing work for a client for about two weeks. He then stopped responding (meaning no approvals so could not proceed with work). Then I received an email from Upwork stating the client's account has been suspended and I should stop working on it. The client eventually got back to me but is now upset that I had stopped working (even though I explained the situation to him).

My worry is that he will a) give me bad feedback because of this delay and b) cancel/not renew the contract at the end of the month.

Any advice here or anyone know why he could have been suspended? I put in a lot of work on this contract.

14 REPLIES 14
petra_r
Community Member

Laylaa T wrote:

Any advice here or anyone know why he could have been suspended? 

The most common reason for a suspension is an issue with the client's payment method. But your client knows and should be working with Upwork to resolve the suspension.

By the way: Did it say that your "contract is on hold" or actually that "the client is suspended?"

If the latter, that's more serious.

Is the contract hourly or fixed rate?

Hi Petra,

This is a fixed contract.

The client's profile says suspended. 

Laylaa T wrote:

This is a fixed contract.

The client's profile says suspended. 

Is the milestone fully funded? How long have you been working with the client? The most important thing is to encourage the client to speak to Upwork and sort it out.

The milestone is fully funded and it was supposed to be a monthly contract, this being the first month. 

I have contacted him, and asked him if he knows what is happening on the account or if he can sort it out and he did not respond. 

Laylaa T wrote:

The milestone is fully funded and it was supposed to be a monthly contract, this being the first month. 

At the end of the month, submit and request payment for whatever percentage of the work was done. Only the client can fix it, but you might as well try and get paid for the work you did.

Hi Laylaa,

I'm sorry to hear about your contract status. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract. Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed.

~ Bojan
Upwork
251bb3d6
Community Member

You know how hard it is to find a long term contract. It's easy for you to say stop working until the contract resumed. My client was suspended since 2 months ago and there's no sign of when it can be resumed. What did Upwork do during the 2 months? What effect did you put in to call back the client? Why can't you share more details?

YUANXIONG W wrote:

You know how hard it is to find a long term contract. It's easy for you to say stop working until the contract resumed. My client was suspended since 2 months ago and there's no sign of when it can be resumed. What did Upwork do during the 2 months? What effect did you put in to call back the client? Why can't you share more details?

Upwork can't share private client information, that's one reason why they don't give more details. If the client is suspended and can't or won't do what they need to, there's nothing at all you or Upwork can do about it. Upwork can't force clients to come back or comply with the platform, so your best course of action is to move on to other opportunities, especially if you're looking for long-term contracts since those are harder to find.

216a40b2
Community Member

Hello,
I would like to know why my account is still suspended after submitting tthe documents and they are appropved. One of of my contactor sent me a screenshot saying that her contract is suspended and she is afraid to continue working with me.
Please see the pictures below.

Hi Herold,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your account is now restored. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c9c86b85
Community Member

Hey Nikola, 

I have worked hourly with my client for 8 days, i tracked hours with upwork hour Tracker

Suddenly i received a email that We have noticed some possible issues with your contract and went on hold 

My client account has been suspended

My question is will i get paid my last week payment and will it effect on job success and Review of my profile 

Hi Adnan,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your contract. I checked the job you are referring to and can confirm the job has been placed on hold due to an issue with the client's account. For security purposes, we are unable to discuss other user's accounts in detail with you but you can reach out to your client directly to discuss further. Your payment will be released as long as we are able to charge the client's billing method successfully. The contract hold does not influence your Job Success Score, but a poor rating might if the client is unhappy with your work.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Is it allowed to close the contract  while It's on hold? 

Yes, your client will have the ability to end the contract and leave a feedback while it is on hold.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members