🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Client says that he didn't get any refund
Page options
aymane-naouadir
Community Member

My Client says that he didn't get any refund

Hi, I am working with a client in some project hourly, he is happy with my work and satisfied, worked with him in many projects not just one, the last project was hourly and I used the manual time, the amount was 190$, it was in my pending untill tuesday and boom I get o notification from upwork that thank you because I made a refund, I contacted and they tell me that they had a problem with the payment method of my client so they failed in making the payment, But the problem is when I contacted my client he told me that they charged him 190$, and he didn't get any refund after that, right now it's more than week when i got the notification.

I need your help because I am asking my client to send that 190$ as bonus, but he told me that they charged him 190$ and he didn't get any refund after this.

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Aymane N wrote:

But the problem is when I contacted my client he told me that they charged him 190$, and he didn't get any refund after that, 

The client didn't "get a refund" because the client actually never paid Upwork for the hours.

The so-called "refund" wasn't a refund, it was a reversal of money that never existed in your account because your client never paid.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Aymane N wrote:

But the problem is when I contacted my client he told me that they charged him 190$, and he didn't get any refund after that, 

The client didn't "get a refund" because the client actually never paid Upwork for the hours.

The so-called "refund" wasn't a refund, it was a reversal of money that never existed in your account because your client never paid.

I can see on my own Reports page what money I have received.

It doesn't matter very much to me what a client says. A client may be confused. A client may be fibbing.

If I logged some hours for a client, and then those hours were reversed... I would be fairly skeptical about that client. I would need to see real results on the client's part in terms of getting money to me through Upwork, before I did any more work for him.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aymane,

When the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. 

A member of the team has reached out to you already regarding this case. You should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members