🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My Contract with My Client is Suspended
Page options
robin_mosfikur
Community Member

My Contract with My Client is Suspended

Hello,

I was working on a project and have completed first draft and submitted to my client. But I got notified that my contract with my client is temporarily suspended. I've got a mail (in attachment) where I am being instructed not to continue my work untill further notice.

The mail also said that there is a problem with my client's account. But, when I informed my client she is saying that there will be no issue in payment and instructed to continue my work. She even told that if I'm not interested in current contract, she will end it and offer new contract from another account.

What should be my next step? I'm bit confused if I should continue working or get new contract from client's another account. Also, if my current contract is cancelled, will it impact my job success score?

I'm seeking advise from community. Thanks.

**Edited for community guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Md Mosfikur R wrote:

What should be my next step? I'm bit confused if I should continue working or get new contract from client's another account. 

How can you be confused if Upwork has already told you to stop working on the contract??? Which part of that was in any way unclear to you?

Md Mosfikur R wrote:

She even told that if I'm not interested in current contract, she will end it and offer new contract from another account.

That would be a serious violation of Upwork's terms of service, and if you were to knowingly accept such a contract, your account would be in jeopardy too.

You also want to be very aware of matters of academic integrity. Offering to write theses etc is very much on the wrong side of the fine line and all work that violates academic integrity are in violation of Upwork's terms of service and can get you banned. In other words: Doing school or university homework or writing someone's thesis etc is strictly forbidden.

gina-herrera
Community Member

Md Mosfikur R wrote:

Hello,

But, when I informed my client she is saying that there will be no issue in payment and instructed to continue my work. 

All she has to do is update her card on file - it takes seconds. As soon as the payment method is updated she will be unsuspended. If she can't do that, then why would you believe her?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Mosfikur,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to provide more information regarding the contract you're concerned about. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members