🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Elder brother wanted to join Upwork too
Page options
46d8e1e9
Community Member

My Elder brother wanted to join Upwork too

Hello there, I am offering Image editor services here on Upwork Since Oct of 2021.

My elder brother has a job in another city, He shared with me that he wanted to start a part-time freelance carer on Upwork. He has his own Laptop, Mobile (have different skills too) and will work from them on working days ( I have my own PC and mobile as well ).

The only problem is that when he will come home and work on weekend days will it cause any problem? as we have only one internet device in our Home to use (he comes home only on Weekend days)?

Do we have to worry about it?

Thank You
-Mohsin H.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mohsin, 

I would be happy to help. I would like to clarify that you are allowed to share the same IP address and computer with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

Same IP? It is allowed. He can do it.

Maybe some security check can be initiated, but you can pass it.

I am not sure about the IP, How do I check it?
re: we have a separate laptop, PC, and mobiles Also, we have different internet devices but on the weekend days, we will have only one device to use (at home).
Yes, If any security check will be initiated we will pass it. I am just curious to know in detail first if it is allowed.

Hi Mohsin, 

I would be happy to help. I would like to clarify that you are allowed to share the same IP address and computer with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Why would he suddenly not have his mobile phone and laptop on weekends? How do you only have access to your mobile phone on weekdays?

46d8e1e9
Community Member

I didn't say that Jennifer, He will have his own laptop and mobile to work with and I have my own just internet problem. Anyways Thanks moderator just Helped Me.
Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths