🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Experience With A Suspended Hourly Client'...
Page options
wlyonsatl
Community Member

My Experience With A Suspended Hourly Client's Delinquent Payments

Lest anyone else falsely accuse me of asking for details about how suspended clients’ past due payments are handled so I could manipulate Upwork’s payment protection:

Day One - Client called to tell me his new credit card had finally arrived and he’d give the details to Upwork to cover past due weekly payments.

Day Two - Client confirmed to me he had paid Upwork for payments past due using new credit card. Project then re-appeared on my version of TimeTracker’s list of my current hourly projects. Notation was removed on “Active Contracts” page that project was “On Hold”. I booked 24 minutes of activity to test whether any notice would appear that hourly protection was no longer available on this project due to previous delinquencies. No such notice appeared. I deleted booked time of 24 minutes. Upwork notified me via email this contract “has been reactivated” and “You can now log time, and your payments are protected by Upwork Hourly Protection.” Remaining payments due me in arrears remained in “In Review” category of Reports/Overview.

Day Three - Remaining unpaid hours from week moved from “In Review” to “Available” and released to me by Upwork.

Day Four – I received payment in full for the delinquent amounts.

I am very glad I didn’t close the project due to this temporary payment problem. If I had done that and included a non-payment notation in my feedback that would have been a false claim of the client not paying Upwork for my services.

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members