🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Feed - new posts already "taken"
Page options
antonynaude
Community Member

My Feed - new posts already "taken"

Fellow freelancers,

How is possible that when I refresh my feed and I open a new job, there is already 10+ other freelancers that have submitted proposals. It sometimes even has invites sent...

I literally keep pressing refresh and check immediatley.

I can understand if it takes me a few minutes to put a proposal together and by the time I submit other freelancers have already copied and pasted a prepared proposal (I hate to do that) I like my proposals to be unique to a job i am applying for.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Antony N wrote:

How is possible that when I refresh my feed and I open a new job, there is already 10+ other freelancers that have submitted proposals. It sometimes even has invites sent....

It doesn't matter, really, because clients do not see proposals in the order they come in anyway.

Antony N wrote:

I literally keep pressing refresh and check immediatley..

You're not the only one...

"It doesn't matter, really, because clients do not see proposals in the order they come in anyway."

Oh, Okay, how do they then see the proposals, what is the "filtered/sorted" criteria?

Antony N wrote:

Oh, Okay, how do they then see the proposals, what is the "filtered/sorted" criteria?

It's an algorithm called "Best Fit" which attempts to sort them in the order the algorithm thinks the freelancers are most suitable for the client's job post.

And now Upwork is testing a new auction system which amounts to a bidding process on new projects, so freelancers who bid the most get their proposals to the top three positions on the list of freelancers who post proposals.

This will be interesting.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Antony N wrote:

Fellow freelancers,

How is possible that when I refresh my feed and I open a new job, there is already 10+ other freelancers that have submitted proposals. It sometimes even has invites sent...

I literally keep pressing refresh and check immediatley.

I can understand if it takes me a few minutes to put a proposal together and by the time I submit other freelancers have already copied and pasted a prepared proposal (I hate to do that) I like my proposals to be unique to a job i am applying for.

Worry not! With the new system, you can boost your proposal to the top, provided you spend enough connects! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members