cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They're a company, not an

Highlighted
Irena L Member Since: Jan 10, 2011
21 of 57
They're a company, not an agency, one of the largest on oDesk which explains the large number of people they're interviewing. I've worked for them for a year, full time in several roles ranging from customer service to account management. There are advantages and disadvantages but they're definitely real with real job openings. For those who look for a full time job and like the rates they offer and can adjust to the "Swim or sink" philosophy it's a good opportunity.
"It is better to light one candle than curse the darkness"
Nathalie T Member Since: Jul 15, 2013
22 of 57
Irena, I'm interested by your comments and feedback on that company. I got a proposition today as well, but I don't want to be stuck with some crapy company who doesn't pay. I don't mind the free trial exercise. Can you tell us more about your experience? Thanks!
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
23 of 57
Nathalie, they're legit and pay on time, always. I worked for them for 18 months. As Irena (who I believe I worked with? Smiley Happy) pointed out, they practice a swim or sink philosophy. You have to perform well every week in order to survive (doable), there are rigorous performance metrics, and they're quick to "upgrade" people. But if you have the right skill and mind set and can quickly adapt to change and some times chaos, you can get fairly far with them.
Zonera T Member Since: Apr 21, 2014
24 of 57
Hey Nathalie, Thank you for the feedback on the company. I have the same query as of the thread above. I have passed the test and signed the agreement but I still haven't got the assignment and it's been 2 days since my trial week has started. Do they really take that much time?
Community Guru
25 of 57
*deleting the double post*
Rao N Member Since: Sep 5, 2013
26 of 57
Hi, Can you please give me some details about the initial test offered by gTeam? As I have been offered to an interview for system engineer. Regards, Rao nadeem ** *"Removed by admin"
Community Guru
27 of 57
[quote=Sabine R.]I got an invitation from them today, but many things I am reading about them seem like red flags to me. Especially that they cast such a vast net; trying to practically put as many people as possible through their trial period. How serious are they about actually hiring people?[/quote] They cast such a wide net and interview that many people because they're struggling to find the talent and the quantity of talent they need, and they have a bit of a chaotic hiring process. They are a very big and rapidly growing company and there is nothing fishy about them.
28 of 57
As Krisztina said, there is opportunity for growth if you can adapt quickly and don't mind the stress of an ever shifting environment. They will award you with responsibilities and will allow you to work independently and make decisions using your best judgement so for me it has been a wonderful learning and growing experience that has helped me in the following contracts and still does. If you're wondering why we parted ways don't think of something being fishy, I had personally preferred a more "team-play" centered business model, I guess my adaptability ran out after a year Smiley Happy. Krisztina, it's always a pleasure running into you, I hope you're doing well, you're one of the reasons I sometimes miss gDev, it's been loads of fun working together! xoxo
Community Guru
29 of 57
Let's catch up on Skype some time! Smiley Happy
30 of 57
I'd love to, do you still have your old Skype ID? If so, I have you on my list so whenever you're free ping me Smiley Happy
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS