cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Of course it is! "Sour Grapes" Meets "Conspiracy Theory"

John M Member Since: Jul 24, 2013
31 of 57
i am just curious. do they hire agencies or does anybody have experience with agencies with them. thanks.
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
32 of 57
[quote=John Moore]i am just curious. do they hire agencies or does anybody have experience with agencies with them. thanks.[/quote] no, no and never
Katheren S Member Since: Dec 2, 2010
33 of 57
hmmm found a link here: **** Content here: ******is a sister concern of ****. Formally they were active on oDesk by the name of ****. Now a days they have changed their name to ****.** In short, all of these are just another name!!! Please find a very crisp review about this **** primarily active as a biggest employer on freelancing sites like oDesk, eLance etc. I want to write a lot about this *****, but due to time constraint, I m trying to tell maximum in few lines.... Their intention is to save US government taxes, by routing their income from US to Dubai (a tax free zone!) And as IRS (Internal revenue services) wants a detail of every penny flows outside US by US firm, they have to legitimately show that they have hired people and paid them and that is how their Dubai firm had made a lot of profit!!! And this is why they hire people on oDesk and eLance. i.e. Just to show US authority (IRS), and Not to get any genuine work done!!!! And while achieving this(enforced payment to show IRS), they have done a mutual benefit contract with oDesk or eLance that while achieving their goal of saving tax, they will promote this freelancing culture and their sites. So for that, they will send invites to mostly all oDesk or eLance users, luring them with an extra ordinary payment offer (starting from 15$ per hour, 40hr/week), and lure them to apply for an interview and test. Then they will try to engage you maximum in the process using a highly un-predictable course of actions (in other words, you will be never informed in advance about what will happen when (exact in time)), and most importantly once you gave online test and a brief skype interview, you will never know from when your contract will start. **So they will try maximum to detach you from your ongoing work/job!!!!** Once offered a contract, their immediate goal is to annoy/irritate/frustrate you to terminate your contract (there are thousands of ways to do this, you will get to know once you get a contract). If you won't get annoyed enough to terminate your contract by yourself, they will kick you out siting a performance reason!!! **So, once they offered you a contract, their immediate goal will be to kick you out as soon as possible.** So that they can cover maximum number of freelancers in their budget! (of Course they don't have a money plant to pay you 10$ to 30$ per hour, 40hr/week!!!).They need to pay in proportion of book amount/profit they want to transfer from US to Dubai! So please don't get trapped!!! Don't leave your full time job looking at their luring offer! **They don't want to pay you for a long time at all, in fact they will try to get rid of you as early as possible after taking you on board!** And Finally, don't ever think that they have some serious/genuine work for you to get it done!!! It is the worst time pass in IT ever!!! *[Removed by Admin]
Community Guru
34 of 57
[quote=Katheren S.]hmmm found a link here: http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/gteam-fz-llc/gteam-fz-llc-gdev-fz-llc-2013052741232... Content here: **gTeam FZ LLC is a sister concern of Versata, Trilogy. Formally they were active on oDesk by the name of devFactory / gDev. Now a days they have changed their name to gTeam FZ LLC.** In short, all of these are just another name!!! Please find a very crisp review about this gTeam, gDev, devFactroy primarily active as a biggest employer on freelancing sites like oDesk, eLance etc. I want to write a lot about this DevFactory / gDev FZ LLC / gTeam FZ LLC (www.devfactory.com, www.gteamfzllc.com), but due to time constraint, I m trying to tell maximum in few lines.... Their intention is to save US government taxes, by routing their income from US to Dubai (a tax free zone!) And as IRS (Internal revenue services) wants a detail of every penny flows outside US by US firm, they have to legitimately show that they have hired people and paid them and that is how their Dubai firm had made a lot of profit!!! And this is why they hire people on oDesk and eLance. i.e. Just to show US authority (IRS), and Not to get any genuine work done!!!! And while achieving this(enforced payment to show IRS), they have done a mutual benefit contract with oDesk or eLance that while achieving their goal of saving tax, they will promote this freelancing culture and their sites. So for that, they will send invites to mostly all oDesk or eLance users, luring them with an extra ordinary payment offer (starting from 15$ per hour, 40hr/week), and lure them to apply for an interview and test. Then they will try to engage you maximum in the process using a highly un-predictable course of actions (in other words, you will be never informed in advance about what will happen when (exact in time)), and most importantly once you gave online test and a brief skype interview, you will never know from when your contract will start. **So they will try maximum to detach you from your ongoing work/job!!!!** Once offered a contract, their immediate goal is to annoy/irritate/frustrate you to terminate your contract (there are thousands of ways to do this, you will get to know once you get a contract). If you won't get annoyed enough to terminate your contract by yourself, they will kick you out siting a performance reason!!! **So, once they offered you a contract, their immediate goal will be to kick you out as soon as possible.** So that they can cover maximum number of freelancers in their budget! (of Course they don't have a money plant to pay you 10$ to 30$ per hour, 40hr/week!!!).They need to pay in proportion of book amount/profit they want to transfer from US to Dubai! So please don't get trapped!!! Don't leave your full time job looking at their luring offer! **They don't want to pay you for a long time at all, in fact they will try to get rid of you as early as possible after taking you on board!** And Finally, don't ever think that they have some serious/genuine work for you to get it done!!! It is the worst time pass in IT ever!!![/quote] This is utter nonsense and wrong in too many ways. They're one of the biggest software companies in the US, and still growing rapidly. While they have a fairly advanced and futuristic model that takes some getting used to, they're legit. You can't seriously believe that they pay millions of USD to "fake" contractors for essentially "nothing" just to have something to "show" for to the IRS. Gosh, I wish I had been paid for "nothing" for the 1.5 yrs I worked for them. Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
35 of 57
Of course it's utter nonsense, almost certainly written by some moron who didn't make the grade. Even as far as ridiculous conspiracy theories go, this one isn't even a good one.... Funny how you never read cr*p like that written by people who work for them, all the wailing, whining furious complaints are generally by those who failed to get in. So instead of accepting that they were just not good enough they have to come up with something that blames the company. They have a role I would totally love and if I could afford the gamble of the one week trial contract (which tragically I just can't at the moment) I would be going for it in a heartbeat!
Community Guru
36 of 57
[quote=Petra R.]Of course it's utter nonsense, almost certainly written by some moron who didn't make the grade. Even as far as ridiculous conspiracy theories go, this one isn't even a good one.... Funny how you never read cr*p like that written by people who work for them, all the wailing, whining furious complaints are generally by those who failed to get in. So instead of accepting that they were just not good enough they have to come up with something that blames the company. They have a role I would totally love and if I could afford the gamble of the one week trial contract (which tragically I just can't at the moment) I would be going for it in a heartbeat![/quote] You're absolutely right - and given the logic and reasoning of the writer, it's very clear why they didn't make the cut. I'm sure you'd do very well. They will be hiring for a long time to come so it's not a "now or never" type of situation. And keep in mind that the one week trial does not equal 40 hrs typically.
Md Zillur R Member Since: Jun 5, 2011
37 of 57
I have a permanent job . Is it possible to work full time in ***? *[Removed by Admin]
Community Guru
38 of 57
[quote=Md. Zillur Rahman]I have a permanent job . Is it possible to work full time in ***? *[Removed by Admin][/quote] Have you actually read one of their job posts?
Ace Contributor
Josh P Member Since: Aug 20, 2013
39 of 57
[quote=Md. Zillur Rahman]I have a permanent job . Is it possible to work full time in ***? *[Removed by Admin][/quote] I'm curious to know why sometimes, and only sometimes, the Admins appear to edit out the name of this client, and other times, someone will use the clients name half a dozen times in a single post and no one edits it. I'm also curious as to how a company this large is allowed to just break rules left and right (i.e. requesting to work outside of oDesk before a contract is started, requesting personally identifying information before a contract is started, etc.). Is it simply because they have the appearence that they bring in a large revenue for oDesk? I wonder if oDesk is actually losing a lot of revenue because only a portion of the contractors are actually being paid via oDesk, while the rest are working outside (accroding to the job invite I just received today that explicitly requests a breach in oDesk Terms of Service, etc.).
Community Guru
40 of 57
They have an agreement with oDesk, are the largest client, and do not request work outside of oDesk. The upfront testing is done through a third party testing service but all work, including the trial work, is logged through the oDesk tracker. As far as editing out names is concerned, mentioning names is against the forum rules. If you see a post with the name in it, it simply means the mod didn't see it.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS