cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can now opt out from these jobs notifications if you want

Edmark Rev D Member Since: Apr 9, 2013
51 of 57
This company doesn't seem to be very reputable based on all the comments here. Hmm... I have passed their initial test and am up for interview. Will see how that goes. Did a little research too... hope this doesn't turn out to be a scam. The HR Interviewer seems to be younger than me and i'm in my thirties... hmm...
Norberto R Member Since: Nov 22, 2013
52 of 57
[quote=Edmark D.]This company doesn't seem to be very reputable based on all the comments here. Hmm... I have passed their initial test and am up for interview. Will see how that goes. Did a little research too... hope this doesn't turn out to be a scam. The HR Interviewer seems to be younger than me and i'm in my thirties... hmm...[/quote] >>> I received an invite from gTeam for a sole Financial Director position where due diligence work is a must. First off, it's website describes ,as a software company. As the proposed work involved financial planning and anaylysis using Excel, the test materials for FP&A work may be directly related to what its prospective or current client wants it to tackle. In working on material, formulas are made in Excel by technically knowledgeable test takers that ITs have no inkling what it is and how to go about it. But with the Excel file in their hands, they can get the algorithm that they can use to link Excel files to SQL servers. >>> In other words, they stand to get programmable applied knowledge on real business issues for use in software development for free. This is the hypothesis. >>> Recently, I was sent materials for work breakdown analysis that the prospective client wanted to be done in Excel format. The task entails a lot of thought and needs a lot of clarifications on key key process issues. After sending the questions whose answers would serve as the turnpike of the in-then-else model, I still am to receive a response. I felt that I've been had. That the prospective client got ideas from me on operational process and financial risk analysis and management for free.
Rostislav K Member Since: Sep 28, 2013
53 of 57
I was twice on trial in gTeam, and it looks like they don't have a real vacancy. First time it was Quality Control Softaware Engineer, second - C++ Engineer. The first one was not my speciality, during one week I was learning how to use TestComplete for automation of GUI testing. During this assignment my passwords to various accounts was changed several times, sometimes I was able to recover them, ones I was forced to send a request to admin. This cost me some delay. I finished this work without any help from them, although the task had tricky intentional bugs to make it more difficult. After three weeks they replyed: "We would like to thank you for taking the time to go through our tests and taking part in the first assignment. After evaluating the results so far, we have decided that we would like to terminate your assignment on oDesk/elance. Once again, thanks for participating in the process and wish you all the best for the future. Please feel free to apply for other positions that are available with us." Well, TestComplete is not my speciality, not surprised if they found someone better in this. So I have taken trial as C++ Engineer. About month had passed since first subscribal to the task, one event in a week - one week short C++ test, next week - interview, next week - trial contract begin, next week - real task received. The task was to work with very poorly documented libraries rapidjson and rapidxml. I did my best to complete this work, and than I was ready to submit it my account password in submission form didn't work. I contacted with menagers and problem seemed to solved by sharing diliverables folder in google drive wish two of them. After two days the send me exact same answer as before: "After evaluating the results so far, we have decided that we would like to terminate your assignment on oDesk/elance. ... Please feel free to apply for other positions that are available with us." TestComplete is truly not my speciality, but I am 14-years experienced C++ Engineer, and I know that I have done this work good - they just don't really need a C++ engineer. The guy who must be checking my work is 10 years younger then me. During first iassignment I looked to hiring plans in their site. Rcruitment team have to invite 600 people in a week for Quality Control Software Engineer, other positions - similar numbers. The vacancies hanging on their site for several months. Some times there was an entries named like "another fake job". I don't believe they can't find enough workers for several months. But they spend money for virtual machines leasing and shurely pay their reqruitment team. I think they probably just testing people qualification, luring them by promises of money, if test phase leads to hiring. May be to hire them from company with different name. They already changed company name several times.
Highlighted
Community Leader
Kim R Member Since: Apr 14, 2013
54 of 57
I raised problems with this company in another post in this section, search for "How many invited applicants is too many". oDesk came back with a service that lets you opt out from receiving invitations from this company. Which is great. They had one job for a mapping consultant and invited 22,000+ people, so it is really mass spamming of the oDesk freelancers.
Jean-Francois V Member Since: Dec 12, 2013
55 of 57
Hello all, I successfully passed the test with G Team and now I will start soon my trial period. As I really want this job, I would like to receive your helps in the form of some advices. Here are my questions: (please, for the sake of common sense and efficient time use, I would like to receive only constructive messages, not the one from complaining people.) -What do they expect from an account manager? - Do they impose/expect acount manager to use and develop the american account management and selling approach, which is direct to the point or we can adjust this style of approach to the local culture? Example: I would work for the French market and the way building a relationship is really different than in US - Promotional path? Thank you in advance for your help
Kurt M Member Since: Nov 21, 2013
56 of 57
Guy's, I've been invited by **** (you know)for this position in April 7 ============================================================= Java Engineer Global (266766586) [what does the number mean?] ============================================================= It made my eyes spark first, then I did submit such requirements-- resume, ID, etc... I am currently 'sharpening' my Java skills for the test. I haven't taken the test and the interview [for the Java position] yet, but I received another instances of such invitation from the same source; here as follows along with the date... ============================================================= April 14 - Senior Solutions Engineer - Gensym (267334678) April 15 - Quality Control Software Engineer Global (267481121) April 16 - Technical Support Engineer - Sonic (267487361) ============================================================= What do you think guys? I need all of your relevant opinion. Thank you.
Gustavo M Member Since: Jun 22, 2014
57 of 57
I have passed the test for the Customer Support Manager vacancy, I received the PIA and signed it. I was contacted via oDesk with the actual contract stating that the trial period will only start once i receive the tasks, I accepted the contract and shows as active, but it;s been 3 days and no tasks are showing anywhere on MyJobs section..I contacted the person that sent me the contract thru oDesk but I haven;t received a reply, I als contacted the recruiting staff email because they keep sending me emails saying that at this time I should have been signed the PIA etc, then i replied to that same email with the signed copy of the said PIA agreement.. I just wanted to start the tasks.. Anyone in the same situation?\
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS