cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Contract

Suresh K Member Since: Jan 24, 2013
1 of 57
Hi Everyone, I accepted one of the job offer and my contract status shows as "In Progress" and they provided End date for my Testing Phase. But I didn't receive any task which I have to do. Where can I see the tasks? It would be great help if anyone answer me. Thanks in Advance, Suresh
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
2 of 57
Suresh, congratulations on your first contract! Please contact your client and ask for tasks. Didn't you ask them what you were supposed to do during interview?
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Farhan H Member Since: Jun 5, 2008
3 of 57
It looks like a fake company, I have been in their test phases (3) spent almost 6 hours for the test they offered me and never got a response. I tried to contact them through phone / email they dont even bother to reply back over email, on phone the *** is not listed! @odesk can you people please block them ? *[Removed by Admin]
Sophia S Member Since: Jul 2, 2014
4 of 57
So did you finally found out if they are fake? this company is still sending out invites
Sharique A Member Since: May 28, 2012
5 of 57
Congratulations and with your great experience in software field i'm sure you're going to get loads of job here which is quite evident since gteam FZ LLc has invited you to so many jobs. Why is your hourly rate showing as $0 per hour? You can change it from your profile section.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 57
[quote=Sharique A.]Why is your hourly rate showing as $0 per hour? You can change it from your profile section.[/quote] Maybe because gteam FZ LLc test phases are only paid for IF they hire him. If they don't the test phase is not paid for. At all. It's a week's work which is paid at a pre-agreed rate in case of hire. No hire = Payment $ 0.00
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
7 of 57
I actually have 15 invites going back 7 months for gteam. I never bother applying to them because the testing phase is not paid. I can't afford to do free work. I've explained in many threads before how expensive it is to live in Australia. Their contracts specify that you got to work full time hours but they simply don't pay enough for it to be economical in Australia. I think the most I've seen is $27 per hour, after the exchange rate and withdrawal fees it works out to be about $25 per hour Australian, then on top of that you got to pay tax so you get even less. Most jobs here in Australia pay more than that. I do sometimes take lower paid oDesk jobs but it is only for a quick fix which takes a few hours. Working full time for $25 per hour is like entry level jobs in Australia mainly for people with limited experience. I had to get a unit cleaned just recently and the cleaners were charging $40 per hour, anyone can do cleaning.
Sharique A Member Since: May 28, 2012
8 of 57
But you can of course negotiate your rates during the interview stage. With all the great reviews and the hours worked, I'm sure that gteam doesn't need to test you for a week and you can bring that to the table.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 57
[quote=Sharique A.]But you can of course negotiate your rates during the interview stage. With all the great reviews and the hours worked, I'm sure that gteam doesn't need to test you for a week and you can bring that to the table.[/quote] They don't "negotiate" - you either accept their terms or you don't. They are a massive, MASSIVE company and they have their totally "set-in-stone" recruiting practises. If they DO hire someone after the week's trial they pay for the week anyway, so your comment makes no sense. It also makes no sense in that John has already stated that their rates are not enough for him, test phase or no test phase.
Marc B Member Since: Jun 28, 2011
10 of 57
In my case I passed the test, and the clearly stated agreement was that one would get paid for passing the test, not for getting hired. After a week of work, competing with a bunch of cheaters (working outside of logged hours to finish assignments that were impossible to finish in the designated time) I got to hear that 'my profile did not fit their requirements'. No pay. Against their own agreement. Problem is, this is one of oDesk's largest customers, so they can get away with it. Filing a complaint did not result into anything. Be very careful with this company. I know people who worked there and no one wanted to return working for them. I still respond to any invites with: "You still owe me a week worth of work. First you pay, then we talk." Needless to say, it always ends there. On Elance I even responded to an invitation of Gdev that I was willing to do an interview, but not a free test. Then they just invited me for the test. I had to be blunt with the recruiter and tell them to read my email before replying with a copy/paste story. Of course after that I was suddenly rejected as a fit candidate. I consider these clients to be the worst that are on oDesk. But each to its own.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS