Did you mean: 

Re: My Freelancer Want to Change feedback, But Is Not Able to

This widget could not be displayed.
kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
21 of 29

Rajesh, -

After my review, he started complaining about the feedback. After receiving many emails from him, I decided to give him another chance to let him redo the work. Unfortunately, his first response was to ask for more money!

-----------

According to the above statement from the client, you’ve harassed him, spammed him by sending email after email. You’re lucky that this client didn’t block you or report you. Unfortunately the changed review didn’t quite go your way.

If he gave you a second chance, to redo the work why would you ask for more money? If the work wasn’t done or wasn’t done correctly the first time, it’s your responsibility to fix it IF the client agrees to that. If you didn't complete the work, causing the client to miss a deadline, that's not the clients fault. You can't come back months later and want to redo the work AND get paid for it again.

This job was worth $35. If for whatever VALID reason you were not able to complete it, then you should have refunded the money to the client, or at least communicated to the client " I'm not able to finish your job because of xxxxx. How do you want to proceed with it? Do  you want a refund of the money in escrow, or do you want to hold off and continue in xxx weeks or months. Doing that is professional.

At one time or another most of us freelancers have had emergencies happen, accidents, sickness, personal problems, or underestimated the extent of the job. It’s done, it’s over, don’t dwell on the past

Even if the client could make yet another change, he’s already made one. Now what you have to do is to determine your health concerns, (if you are well enough to put in the time and effort to start working again.) And to exceed your clients expectations on the jobs you get.

You can’t change the past, but you can look towards the future

yap_neri
Nerisa Y Member Since: Aug 26, 2016
22 of 29

Hello Vladimir,

Im a freelancer, i already finished a job for my client a few weeks ago. and I whish to change my ratings from 3 to 5 for him. is it still possible for me to give him a 5 star? because in my view, i can still enable client to change feedback. but for my client he does'nt know what to do.

23 of 29

@nerisa Y wrote:

Hello Vladimir,

Im a freelancer, i already finished a job for my client a few weeks ago. and I whish to change my ratings from 3 to 5 for him. is it still possible for me to give him a 5 star? because in my view, i can still enable client to change feedback. but for my client he does'nt know what to do.

You earned 1.67 USD (perhaps for a product review), gave the client a bad rating and after weeks you discovered that the client was great? Strange! What made you change your mind?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
24 of 29

@Margarete M wrote:

@nerisa Y wrote:

Hello Vladimir,

You earned 1.67 USD (perhaps for a product review), gave the client a bad rating and after weeks you discovered that the client was great? Strange! What made you change your mind?

And here we have the explanation for all those scam clients with 5-star feedback...

25 of 29

@Tiffany S wrote:

And here we have the explanation for all those scam clients with 5-star feedback...

Congratulations! Feedback manipulation successfully completed now. Probably, the client threatened her or promised new work if she changes the negative feedback.

Clients and freelancers should not be able to change feedback later, this is another source of JSS manipulation. Clients and freelancers can force each other by a bad rating to pay more or to refund. Not to mention promising of 5-star-rating combined with minimal payment, promising of more work combined with minimal payment. While honest freelancers mourn about a JSS decline, others know very well how to handle this problem and even do not mind to come here and ask for advice.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
26 of 29

Nerisa,

You'll need to ask your client to enable you to change your feedback. Feel free to share this help article with them

~ Valeria
Upwork
yap_neri
27 of 29
actually already told him to enable freelancer to change feedback. but the problem is, he doesn't know where to go or where to find it. he says he doesn't see that kind of option?
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
28 of 29

Hi Nerisa,

Please ask your client to follow the steps below in order to enable this option.

1. Go to the Freelancers tab and click Past Hires.
  2. Select the freelancer who left feedback for you from the list. Click their contract title to see all the details.
  3. Next to their “Feedback to You,” click the “Enable freelancer to change feedback” link.
Untitled
yap_neri
29 of 29
can you at least show some screenshots on where my clients should go. because, I don't have any idea what the client's upwork look like. so I'm not gonna be able to assist him on this. he said that I should ask upwork on this matter.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS