Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Freelancer Want to Change feedback, But Is Not Able to

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
11 of 29

Hi Rajesh,

I can confirm you no longer have the option to enable your client to change their feedback on this contract.

Untitled
rkumarrk
Rajesh K Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
12 of 29

Thanks for responding Vladimir G.

Is there Any Way I can Get rid of the Feedback? Except Full Refund option.

Thanks,

Rajesh

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
13 of 29

re: "Is there Any Way I can Get rid of the Feedback? Except Full Refund option."

The short answer is: No.

I do not know if you are even allowed to issue a refund after this much time has passed.

You SHOULD try to do so. But if the Upwork user interface does not allow you to refund the full amount and thus eradicate the review from your profile, you should not contact Customer Support about it.

Why would you even say "Except Full Refund option."

I did read the feedback in question.

It was a serious tactical mistake on the part of the contractor to not issue a full refund immediately, especially considering the fact that the amount involved was only $35.00, and this review consists of 25% of all reviews received by the contractor.

So IF you can not issue a full refund for this job and this get rid of the bad (but accurate) review from your profile, the next question is: what do you do?

You then have two choices:

a) stop working on Upwork

or

b) completely rewrite your profile

If you decide to stay here and rewrite your profile, here is what to do:

In your profile overview text, you will ACKNOWLEDGE that you briefly tried your hand at SEO, but after a bad experience working on a SEO project, you realized that it is not your calling and you redo dictated yourself to X.

Then you eliminate all hints from your profile of any skill other than X. For example, it should ONLY be CSS optimization, or only ASP.net, or ONLY the use of one specific framework or one specific software program.

If you do this, you will have a chance of getting hired again. After you get hired a few more times, you can expand the number of job skills that you offer.

Eventually you may even have enough additional jobs that the bad review will be buried among them, and you could add SEO back to your profile if you really want to.

View solution in original post

rkumarrk
14 of 29

Thanks Preston.

Got your point, I will see what can i do.

Thanks for your valuable Suggestion.

Rajesh.

d_lidwell
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
15 of 29

"And very first thing i have done is asked him to improve and for that i will do additional work for free . to make him satisfied."

Um... is this even allowed on Upwork? Last I knew, providing free work in exchange for good feedback is a major no-no.

rkumarrk
16 of 29

Dear Dawn L.

I know that, What i am trying to say is , I have asked him to let me know what he thinks according to his point of view is  not done , I will do that correction. Thats what i meant.

Rajesh

d_lidwell
Community Guru
17 of 29

Not sure how many clients would allow a freelancer to make a correction on a project that was completed 7 months ago... but, okay!

Anyway, as everyone here has stated, unfortunately, you're stuck with that feedback. If he's already changed his feedback once, and this much time has passed, there's really nothing anyone can do. Just try harder next time to meet the clients needs and deadlines.

rkumarrk
18 of 29

Dear Dawn L,

I though you have not read In detail.

I could have done the correction during that time. While i was doing the attempt , in those days i met with an accident , so was out of work for long . 

Its been few days back na,  I tried to resolve thingin a better way. 

Thats why has taken Long time.

Anyways, THANKS for your suggestion regarding feedback.

Rajesh

d_lidwell
Community Guru
19 of 29

I thoroughly read your post, and saw that you said you ran into some health problems. Many clients though - or for that matter, many B&M employees - won't really care what your reasoning is for missing a deadline or not completing the job you were assigned, at least in my experience. That is the point I was trying to make. If you found a client that is more than understanding - great! It's not always like that though. In fact, more often than not, it's the opposite.

rkumarrk
20 of 29

Hmm!

Dear Dawn,

Okies. Got it.

Rajesh

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS