Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My JSS dropped to 88% without apparent reason

Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
11 of 16

Gemma C wrote:

Sorry If I bother you, one last question: I have checked on my stats the "client who would recommend you" line and the score is 100%.
It's still possible a bad private feedback, in your opinion?
Thanks a lot again.

That is telling.  No, I don't think it is bad private feedback then.  A mystery!  Maybe someone else can chime in?

Gemma C Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
12 of 16

So, maybe it has been for the "dead" contract that I had in my profile. I had a couple of jobs that for different reasons were there without money exchange and communication. Mainly for my inexperience, probably, I let them open.
Let's see. Now I have closed them, so we'll see the consequences in some weeks.
It's a mystery Smiley Surprised
Thank you again for your support.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 16

Gemma C wrote:

So, maybe it has been for the "dead" contract that I had in my profile. I had a couple of jobs that for different reasons were there without money exchange and communication. Mainly for my inexperience, probably, I let them open.
Let's see. Now I have closed them, so we'll see the consequences in some weeks.
It's a mystery Smiley Surprised
Thank you again for your support.

It won't change. Contracts with nothing *EVER!!* paid are bad for the JSS, it does not matter if they are open for 2+ months or closed. They will continue to be bad for your JSS until they fall out of your JSS calculation window.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 16

Gemma C wrote:

Sorry If I bother you, one last question: I have checked on my stats the "client who would recommend you" line and the score is 100%.
It's still possible a bad private feedback, in your opinion?
Thanks a lot again.

It is possible because that is only updated every few contracts.

But as yoou said that you have open contracts with nothing EVER paid, that is what is causing it.

Why do you have contracts where nothing was paid for 2+ months? That can actually be rectified by simply earning something-

Gemma C Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
15 of 16

Probably it could be this.
I'm going to check.
You are really kind and prepared! Thank you!

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
16 of 16

Gemma C wrote:

But, in this case, what's the sense of this system?
I don't know where and when I made a mistake. I see only 5-stars reviews, nobody told me about its lack of satisfaction... I would like to know who and why mainly to improve and understand Smiley Sad
When I give feedback to the client, there isn't something "secret", I'm right?
Sorry if I insist, and thank you for your kindness, I just want to know better the system Smiley Happy

There is no sense to this system. I understand that what they are trying to do is allow clients to leave honest feedback without fear of retribution but it's a pretty ridiculous way to run a business. Upwork: "We freelancers on our platform to be the best, but if a client is unhappy for any reason, we don't want the freelancer to know why." I don't think 99/100 clients have any idea that their bad feedback here can have such an effect on freelancers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS