🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My JSS is Stuck
Page options
joseph-susan
Community Member

My JSS is Stuck

For the last four weeks, my JSS score is stuck at 83% even though I recently completed two more jobs with 5.0 ratings. Please, I need assistance on how to solve this. 

6 REPLIES 6
tlsanders
Community Member

This isn't really something to solve. JSS takes into account many factors, and Upwork doesn't explain them in detail. Averages in general move slowly upward, and your JSS can be decreased by things like private feedback, contracts that don't show (like ones where you issued a full refund) or other variables. 

You also have a fairly high percentage of jobs in progress that are months old. If those are actually inactive, they may be pulling your rating down.

You just have to keep posting good ratings, and maybe try to get the clients to close some of those old contracts if they've been inactive for a few months and wait for your score to improve.

On a side note, who "certified" you to write blog posts and articles?

Tiffany S wrote:

The same place that apparently didn't teach the fact that plagiarism is frowned upon, maybe?

Edited to add: Aaaaand, in the space of an hour, location changes from USA to Nigeria and profile is set to private...

Petra R wrote:

Tiffany S wrote:

The same place that apparently didn't teach the fact that plagiarism is frowned upon, maybe?

Edited to add: Aaaaand, in the space of an hour, location changes from USA to Nigeria and profile is set to private...

Whaddaya know. Yesterday the profile indicated a BA in English from the Art Institute of Atlanta,  which offers no such program, plus a PhD from the Univ of Iowa.

Phyllis G wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Tiffany S wrote:

Whaddaya know. Yesterday the profile indicated a BA in English from the Art Institute of Atlanta,  which offers no such program, plus a PhD from the Univ of Iowa.

The audacity! 

This thread cracked me up. Gotta wonder about the ones not smart enough to fly under the radar.

petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

This thread cracked me up. Gotta wonder about the ones not smart enough to fly under the radar.

Darwinism 😉

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths