🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My JSS is getting lower even though every...
Page options
tuts_maxim
Community Member

My JSS is getting lower even though every job were finished wonderfully with 5-star feedback

Dear Upwork community.
My name is Maksym. I am getting trouble in my JSS again and again, and I can not make sure how I can imporove my JSS.

4 weeks ago, my JSS was 95%, and I finished 2 jobs wonderfully with good feedback including 5 star marks. Then, on Sunday, my JSS got lower as a 88%.

I was disappointed with my low JSS even though 2 jobs were finished wonderfully and got 5 stars feedback.

So, I decided that I will work more hardly and more wonderfully on upwrk platform for 2 weeks and recover my JSS. After getting 88% JSS, I finished 1 jobs wonderfully and got 5 stars including excellent feedback.

And currently I have open contract with on-going work which I am earning weekly. I thought my JSS will be higher than before.

Sadly, my JSS got lower again as a 79%. I was disappointed again, and I really can not make sure how I can recover my JSS. Even every jobs are finished wonderfully, my JSS was getting lower. I appreciate if you clarify me abou this.

Kind Regards.

Maksym.

9 REPLIES 9
tlsanders
Community Member

Have you made any refunds or had any contract start and then get canceled without any payment?

No, I had no this type of action at all so far., you can check.

petra_r
Community Member

Maksym V wrote:

Sadly, my JSS got lower again as a 79%. I was disappointed again, and I really can not make sure how I can recover my JSS. Even every jobs are finished wonderfully, my JSS was getting lower. I appreciate if you clarify me abou this.

It seems your private feedback is pulling you down.(Public feedback is largely meaningless)

Have you looked at your private JSS percentage? (The "clients who would recommend me" percentage on your My Stats page.)

I finished 1 job wonderfully with excellent feedback.

Currently, I am working with this client for on-going task with earning weekly, (not "no earning with open contract.")

I could ask to this client if he leave bad private feedback on my profile or you can check again.

But, I am sure he leave good feedback because he was satisifed and working currently for on-going.

Maksym V wrote:

I finished 1 job wonderfully with excellent feedback.

Currently, I am working with this client for on-going task with earning weekly, (not "no earning with open contract.")

I could ask to this client if he leave bad private feedback on my profile or you can check again.

But, I am sure he leave good feedback because he was satisifed and working currently for on-going.

Have you looked at what Petra told you?
"Have you looked at your private JSS percentage? (The" clients who would recommend me "percentage on your My Stats page.)"
How much % do you have?

It is 63% now on My Stats page

Maksym V wrote:

It is 63% now on My Stats page

So, I'm afraid that some clients left you good public feedback, but the private score has not been "so good".

Could you check  the jobs that I got bad private review,

I got already low JSS twice, if so,  Did all my clients give me bad private feedback even though saying that "I am satisified, I gave you 5-star feedback".

At least, I believe that current client gave me good feedback.

Maksym V wrote:

Could you check  the jobs that I got bad private review,

I got already low JSS twice, if so,  Did all my clients give me bad private feedback even though saying that "I am satisified, I gave you 5-star feedback".

At least, I believe that current client gave me good feedback.

First, I am a freelancer like you, like the vast majority of those who comment on the forums :), so I can't check anything.
And second, private comments are the "most secret secret of all secrets," I mean, you can't know what and who has scored in a certain way.

Perhaps you can "guess" which contract has affected you by looking at which one was closed just before the JSS update. But otherwise, I have no idea.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths