🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My JSS score is decreasing and my profile...
Page options
tankutb
Community Member

My JSS score is decreasing and my profile does not get any views

I closed down 9 jobs in total and made over $9k. I have 4 contracts open and I am earning weekly. Recently I had my first bad review(4.6) and my JSS dropped down to %85 from %100. This week I closed down other projects that were standing (all 5.0) and the JSS fell down to %83.

I understand that there are many reasons for that JSS decrease but I am trying to turn it around. However, last week I applied to more than 30 jobs and got no views on my profile at all. I would like to get to the bottom of this.

I would really like to keep working through Upwork so, is there anything else I need to do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tankut B wrote:

Thank you guys so much for the quick answers. I read a lot on the subject of JSS and already know that I should get new jobs to raise it. My question was more about my profile views. I sent 39 proposals in the week of 8.11 - 14-11 and got no views at all! Is that possible? I don't send short spammy proposals and usually at least 1 out of 3 clients check my profile when I applied before. Could my profile become invisible for some reason? 

Yes, absolutely possible. If a client looks at your profile via a proposal, that does not count as a view. No, it's not invisible. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
roberty1y
Community Member

Tankut B wrote:

I closed down 9 jobs in total and made over $9k. I have 4 contracts open and I am earning weekly. Recently I had my first bad review(4.6) and my JSS dropped down to %85 from %100. This week I closed down other projects that were standing (all 5.0) and the JSS fell down to %83.

I understand that there are many reasons for that JSS decrease but I am trying to turn it around. However, last week I applied to more than 30 jobs and got no views on my profile at all. I would like to get to the bottom of this.

I would really like to keep working through Upwork so, is there anything else I need to do?

All you can do is complete as many new jobs as possible to the clients' satisfaction to bring your JSS back up.

If a client is dissatisfied with your work, you should close the contract yourself, so the client doesn't have to leave feedback. Often they don't bother to do so.

When you've done a job well and the client seems happy, you should ask them to close the contract, because whoever closes the contract has to leave feedback.

I'm pretty sure both parties have the opportunity to leave feedback no matter who closes the contract. I've had clients neglect to leave feedback in both scenarios. However, Robert has this exactly right: 

Robert Y wrote:

All you can do is complete as many new jobs as possible to the clients' satisfaction to bring your JSS back up.

Thank you guys so much for the quick answers. I read a lot on the subject of JSS and already know that I should get new jobs to raise it. My question was more about my profile views. I sent 39 proposals in the week of 8.11 - 14-11 and got no views at all! Is that possible? I don't send short spammy proposals and usually at least 1 out of 3 clients check my profile when I applied before. Could my profile become invisible for some reason? 

Tankut B wrote:

Yes, absolutely possible. If a client looks at your profile via a proposal, that does not count as a view. No, it's not invisible. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths