Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My JSS

trolldor
Todor R Member Since: Oct 31, 2016
1 of 56

Greetings fellow freelancers,

Today I've recieved my JSS for the first time after completing 6 projects with different clients and although 5 of them were with 5.00 rating one of them was with 4.80 rating this somehow resulted of me having my JSS at 83% any explanation for having such % will be highly appreciated.

My profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a709bfdad53eb8c7

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 56

Hi Todor,

Please note that in addition to public feedback, private feedback your clients leave is also included in the Job Success Score's calculation. Please review this Help article for more details about the way your score is calculated and the factors included in the calculation.

Untitled
ankert14
Andre K Member Since: Mar 5, 2017
3 of 56

I have same issues with my jss.

I have worked on 4 jobs overall and I have completed them successfully.

They were small jobs and I have completed them super-fast and exactly what the clients needed.

I have read the help article and I understand there are private feedbacks in addition to public feedbacks.

But I doubt my clients rated me poorly in the private feedbacks because I completed the jobs successfully in time.

suraiyabibi
Ace Contributor
Suriya B Member Since: Nov 28, 2014
4 of 56

My job success score dropped down from 84 to 75. In last 2 contracts from same client I got excellent feedbacks. Can someone help me out why it dropped down?

vladag
Community Manager
5 of 56

Hi Suraiya,

Please note that in addition to public and private feedback your clients leave, having open contracts without any activity for a prolonged period of time can also negatively affect the Job Success Score. Also, contracts with a positive impact might have fallen from the 6, 12 and 24 month window, thus impacting the calculation of the previous and new window. Your best score from these three windows is still displayed on your profile. Please check the article I linked in my post above for more information about the Job Success Score.

Untitled
shawallace
Shashane W Member Since: Mar 5, 2017
6 of 56

I see other queries of a similar nature and I am curious as well to know possible reasons my job success score has dropped. It was 100% up to yesterday. I did no activity on my account whatsoever except gain a client to which her work was assigned for a week. my job success score falls to 95% for accepting a job offer? 

vladag
Community Manager
7 of 56

Hi Shashane,

Please check the information I shared in my replies above and note that clients can leave private feedback, even on contract with no money paid. Please continue providing strong service to your clients and I'm sure you'll improve your already great score soon. 

Untitled
bukyyy
Ace Contributor
Bukola O Member Since: Dec 23, 2016
8 of 56

I just got my first job success score and it was 13%. I'm really disappointed with this rating. I wish there was a way to submit my interactions with clients. I do very wonderful job. But clients just lie in the private feedback. I've had just two dissatisfied clients. One with over demanding issues. I was glad to be fired and another that gave incomplete data and even apologized for it. The other ended contract owner told me that he fired me for lack of funds and he will rehire me. I don't know why I'm getting such a low score. Up work has to find a way to sort out bad client issues. Review client relationships with freelancers. I'm really depressed. 

girishankar7
Ace Contributor
Girish S Member Since: Jan 2, 2017
9 of 56

Hello 

I'm absolutely disheartened and saddened by how my Job Success Score is declining while I have given everything anyone possibly could. I'm not a beginner here and I pretty much know how JSS is calculated. I'll give you my reasons why I think the recent decline in my JSS is unreasonable. 

Here is a timeline of how things have changed. 

I was maintaining a Rising Talent staus for a long time and I was hoping to achieve the Top Rated status. But then, the following happened.

A month ago, during January, my JSS was 91%.  It came down because two of my clients hadn't provided a feedback earlier on and probably due to mediocre private feedback. Understandable. 

During the beginning of the last month, there was a contract in which I received 4.3 out of 5 in Public feedback and possibly another mediocre private feedback. After this contract got ended, my Job Success score had declined to 89%. Makes sense so far. 

Two weeks ago, my JSS declined to a further 87% and I noticed that one of my contracts was open without any activity. So, I pinged my client and he ended the contract with a positive review. We had a very good relationship and it is highly unlikely that he gave me a negative private feedback. 

Now, in the meanwhile, I had dealt with new contracts which I was invited to by my previous clients(3 of them), all of whom had given positive reviews before(all of them were 5/5). Not to brag myself, they had invited me again because they know how well I do the job. 
Again, seeing that my JSS is declining, I gave everything I could. I submitted works before the deadline and communicated really well with the clients. 
All of these clients had given me positive public reviews yet again. And they had praised in detail as to how good I am. 

Today, I was absolutely shocked to see that my JSS has gone down to 83%. 
This rating system appears to be really unfair and it is discouraging. 

-Girish

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 56

Looks like you're on month 3 complaining about a drop. If it continues to drop, evaluate what you are doing wrong and what you can do to change things. I'm sure you know why your rating might be mediocre, and then you make steps to change things.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS