Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My JSS

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
41 of 56

Hi Joe,

There are a number of factor that could have affected your score, like a good rating falling of a 6, 12 or 24 month window for example.

as for the long-term clients, these are clients you've been working with and getting paid for at least three months, on one or multiple contracts.

You can improve your score by providing strong service to your clients and successfully completing more jobs.

Untitled
r3wt
Community Leader
Garrett M Member Since: Feb 13, 2015
42 of 56

Well, unfortunately your applications are likely not even seen. My JSS score went from 98% to 87% and i suspect it will only continue to drop. I tried closing some contracts at 88% and it dropped another percent. Completed a job and got a 5* feedback.

Basically, its an algorithm that is extremely biased against the freelancer and subject to exploitation from the client. A slew of bad private feedbacks, no feedback, or open contracts will basically blacklist you. And once it happens, good luck trying to convince the client that you can complete their job. I suspect my applications are never even seen.

omedia1994
Omar S Member Since: Jan 6, 2015
43 of 56

What is Job success meter showing??

For me it's showing 71% which is really far from my actual success (measured up to 90% or more).
This used to show 95% but after I was pushed to get away from upwork for a while (for personal reasons) it has drastically decreased to 71% and now, no one will hires me!

I have finished 31 contracts among which only one was unsuccessful (the client saw that it was, he was not honest though!!)

What has my unworking period has to do with my job success?

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
44 of 56

If the JSS shown in your stats page is below 75%, it probably reflects something about the unsuccessful contract, Omar.  if you have been away from the platform for more than 24 months, that may also serve as a risk factor.  But altogether, the JSS (and the mystery inherent in its structure) and the Top Rated status for me indicate the kind of clients that I have.

omedia1994
45 of 56

Thanks juvy

a short reply, i have been away for like 2 - 3 months

and the mysterious greens circle has become red!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
46 of 56

@Omar S wrote:

What is Job success meter showing??

For me it's showing 71% which is really far from my actual success (measured up to 90% or more).
This used to show 95% but after I was pushed to get away from upwork for a while (for personal reasons) it has drastically decreased to 71% and now, no one will hires me!

I have finished 31 contracts among which only one was unsuccessful (the client saw that it was, he was not honest though!!)

What has my unworking period has to do with my job success?

Your period of not working doesn't directly have anything to do with your decrease, but it does mean that while good contracts fell out of the 24 month window, you didn't add any.

Remember the JSS is calculated on the best of your 6, 12 and 24 month windows. The lack of new successful contracts means you have no 6 month window.

The good news is that one bad contract just fell out of the 24 month window. Because there are not that many contracts in your 24 month window, it won't take many "good" outcomes for you to raise your JSS again.

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

if you have been away from the platform for more than 24 months, that may also serve as a risk factor. 

Nonsense.

1) He hasn't been away for 24 months, as is clearly visible on his profile

2) HAD he been away for 24 months he would not have a JSS at all, as it only calculates if there is something to calculate.

omedia1994
47 of 56

Thanks a lot Petra

Well, I've been out for like 2 - 3 months only. After that "unique one and only" failed task aged one year now I have done many successful tasks.. 

when I left i had my "Top Rated Eligible Weeks" missing only 2 weeks... drastically it's 0 zephyr now as i'm 71% successful!! 

last 6 months have not been too busy on upwork but 100% successful why wouldn't the so called JSS poit that 100%?

The strangest thing is, no reply from upwork officials about this concern anywhere and they disabled the live support too!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
48 of 56

Hi Omar,

Please note that private feedback your clients leave is also included in your Job Success Score calculation. Also, users can leave private feedback on contract on which no money was paid. Please check this Help article for more information how Job Success Score is calculated, which is based on the outcome of contracts you've had in the last two years, segmented in three windows.

Untitled
omedia1994
49 of 56

Thanks Vladimir for passing by!

Even though I know this info, all my clients left 5 stars feedback except that 1 and only client who had the unsuccessful task

Clents who would like to recomend me are 71% too, that's strange too but since i can't see what exactly they are telling i'll not complain.

If the old stars rating is still here i would have almost 5, but this thing whatever it is is not doing it's job

Even though I hated it since i first saw it, its now hating me back or what??

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
50 of 56

Omar, also don't forget that a high percentage of "no feedback" contracts also affect your JSS.

Your last contract ended in July 2017,  that's a lot more than 2 to 3 months away.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS