Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My JSS

girishankar7
Ace Contributor
Girish S Member Since: Jan 2, 2017
11 of 56

//Looks like you're on month 3 complaining about a drop.//

My first job here was in the month of September. So, it has been over 6 months that I've been working on this platform. 

//I'm sure you know why your rating might be mediocre,//

I presume you didn't read my post completely. I had mentioned that my performance was mediocre in a few contracts and that was the reason my JSS dropped until 89%. 

But, the problem is only after all those contracts. A drop of 89% to 83% in a period of a month when all of the contracts that I was involved with had exceptional reviews. All of them were 5/5. Also, I am very much confident that I got a positive private feedback because almost all of my contracts were from my previous clients. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 56

@Girish S wrote:

//Looks like you're on month 3 complaining about a drop.//

My first job here was in the month of September. So, it has been over 6 months that I've been working on this platform. 

//I'm sure you know why your rating might be mediocre,//

I presume you didn't read my post completely. I had mentioned that my performance was mediocre in a few contracts and that was the reason my JSS dropped until 89%. 

But, the problem is only after all those contracts. A drop of 89% to 83% in a period of a month when all of the contracts that I was involved with had exceptional reviews. All of them were 5/5. Also, I am very much confident that I got a positive private feedback because almost all of my contracts were from my previous clients. 

The beauty of these posts is that usually the poster is just trying to kid themselves that they are doing nothing wrong. 

You have posts in January complaining about JSS, so it's been 3 months of QQs.

If your first contract was in September, then it fell out of your 6 months, so it depends if they are using your 1 year or 6 months. They take the best of three ranges, 1, 2 years and then 6 months. With few jobs, having 1 drop out of your average is a big deal. If you don't have many jobs for 6 months, it's probably that they are using your 1 year. 

girishankar7
Ace Contributor
Girish S Member Since: Jan 2, 2017
13 of 56

//The beauty of these posts is that usually the poster is just trying to kid themselves that they are doing nothing wrong. //

Thanks for linking me to this thread. I think one of the above comments of Vladimir seems to solve my issue. 
He has mentioned that clients can leave private feedback even on contract with no money paid. 

There was a rude client who ended a contract because I was late by 5 minutes the very first time I was going to work with him. 
Although this answers the question, it is nonetheless deeply unfair because my JSS dropped a whopping 6% for a contract that involved absolutely no activity at all whereas all my other contracts in the past month were highly successful. 

//If your first contract was in September, then it fell out of your 6 months //

My first contract ever started on September 26, 2016. So, it has been 161 days, i.e. 20 days shy of 6 months. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 56

yep! There is always a reason. You just explained it yourself...bad contract with a bad deadline. So, maybe you need to manage deadlines better.

dhruvsain
Dhruv S Member Since: Oct 24, 2016
15 of 56

i had 100% job success score, but it went down by 6% significantly,,, what is happening?

i completed all the jobs on time and got good feedbacks too.

what should i do to get back my 100% job success score?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
16 of 56

Probably you should just forget about your JSS and go on delivering your best work. It looks like your clients are happy and you're getting paid. 94% JSS is not going to negatively impact your work here. Don't get derailed by it.

dhruvsain
Dhruv S Member Since: Oct 24, 2016
17 of 56

of course i am focused on delivering the best work, but it is so confusing to see that your jss suddenly droped by 6% while you are delivering the best service to the clients and actually getting the positive feedbacks from them too... 

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
18 of 56

Hi Dhruv,

A 100% JSS implies that the 6-month window is/was perfect (at the least).

A sudden drop is usually attributable to poor public or private feedback in a recently (14-day period since the last JSS update) completed job.

Don’t be deceived by great public feedback; the private feedback is another matter, altogether.

There are many other variables, though.

How to make the JSS rise again?

If you are top-rated freelancer, you can use the Top Rated Perk: Feedback Removal.

In general, keep delivering great work, and in 6 months you can achieve the 100% again (as the super baddie slides out of the 6-month window).

As Tiffany says, just forget about the JSS and concentrate on delivering your best work.

"Certa bonum certamen"
rainer_
Ace Contributor
Joe T Member Since: Dec 15, 2016
19 of 56

"As Tiffany says, just forget about the JSS and concentrate on delivering your best work."

I understand that this is the only way to battle the clearly flawed JSS system, however the hidden implications (which are not clearly visible to freelancers - I had no idea that an open contract with no activity could negatively affect your JSS) are very de-motivating. The past two weeks I have completed two challenging jobs and when I learn that my JSS has gone down 3% for reasons I don't even understand, it's hard to fathom.

Additionally, a client I completed a job for two weeks ago went AWOL after I had submitted the work. In turn, Upwork had to confirm the milstone and payment for me. This is another client who I will never see again, yet it will be me who is penalised.

Upwork seem to be very competent in every other aspect of managing this site, apart from JSS. Judging by the amount of complaints about JSS on here, it's obvious it needs to be refined.

bucky0319
Ace Contributor
Bucky R Member Since: Oct 25, 2016
20 of 56

I think you can get it back by submitting proposals regularly. Inactive job in progress also decreases the JSS.

Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS