Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My JSS

bukyyy
Ace Contributor
Bukola O Member Since: Dec 23, 2016
21 of 56

Hi,

I will like to know how long it will take to climb from a dismal 13% to around 90%. I'm new here and I need to grow fast. I have three inactive contracts that the clients will like to resume when they are ready. Should I tell them to end the contracts and rehire me when they are ready? I need advice from people that have increased their JSS. Thank you.

bphamilton01
Bryan H Member Since: Jan 22, 2017
22 of 56

I've been on Upwork a few weeks now (8 to be exact).  I have been at 100% Job Success the entire time.  All of my jobs have received 5 stars (8 jobs), and only one was 4.85%.  Clients who would recommend me is at 100%... I've had multiple clients come back for more than one project... Today, my JSS plunged to 88% for no real reason that I can pinpoint?  The only thing I could think of is, the last project I finished was 2 months past the contract estimate only because we kept going back and forth, tweaking things, to no fault of either of ours, we just wanted to get it perfected... Could anyone possibly shed some light as to why this may have happened?  Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!  Thanks!

jenhkg
Ying K Member Since: Mar 5, 2017
23 of 56

I have the same problem... Mine plunged to a whooping 63% and I lost my rising talent title. I have two contracts that have been quite inactive due to the client after my milestone submission. Could this be why? I find that kinda harsh that our scores get affected because of that. 

icyam
Akhmad Hisyam F Member Since: Mar 5, 2017
24 of 56

Same with me, all my jobs were successfull but my score only 63%.

There is my customer that hired me many times that did not give me one feedback of all contracts.

Can upwork give menu to view the job score calculation to freelancer ?

bphamilton01
Bryan H Member Since: Jan 22, 2017
25 of 56

I was thinking that it may have been due to inactivity on a contract.  I had a project start on 1/2 and it JUST finished today, but that was of no fault of mine or the clients.  We had been talking the entire time and kept working on it to get it right.  He even gave me 5 star feedback!  I also thought MAYBE it had something to do with that project because he originally paid 50% as a deposit and then today when we completed, he released the 500, and closed the contract, not knowing that he was required to pay the remainder at that point.  So I had spoke to him about it and he immediately sent the remainder.  Either way, I seem to have lost my 100% JSS AND my Rising Talent status... Now I don't know where I stand with becoming top rated...

zohaumar
Community Leader
Zoha U Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
26 of 56

Well

You've done 8 jobs so far. And out of the 8 jobs, you've got 4.85 in 2 and no feedback in 1. And five stars in only 5 contacts of yours. In an average of 8 jobs, if the outcome of 3 is negative, how can you expect your score to remain 100%?? 

If you've done 60 jobs and out those 60 you've got 4.85 in only 3, that would not have made a huge impact, but this WILL, because the amount of the positive scores is not HUGE enough to hide those 4s.

I hope it's clear, and no need to find a fault in the client, he was just getting the work from you!

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
27 of 56

Two of your jobs got a 4.85, one of which was definitely newly included in yesterday's calculation, and the other one looks like it might have also been newly included in the latest calculation. So two weeks ago you had all fives and maybe one 4.85. Now you have all fives and definitely two 4.85's. There was nowhere else for it to go but down, unfortunately. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
28 of 56

4.85 does not necessarily mean the JSS will go down.

Private feedback is usually what does it...

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
29 of 56

Sure, but all things being equal... if you had all fives and now you don't have all fives, then it's pretty likely you're going to see a drop. Private feedback is usually the same as, or lower than, the public rating (they don't exactly correlate, but you get my point), so that would be a big contributing factor.

Although I'm sure it does happen from time to time, on the whole, I'd be pretty surprised if somebody left a score of less than 5 for public feedback, but 10 out of 10 for their private feedback. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
tedjoshuaangelo
Community Leader
Ted Joshua Angelo G Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
30 of 56

You probably had a client who was not totally satisfied with your work and left a negative hidden feedback. My best guess is your last contract with a 5 star rating with no feedback. Most clients who I know do this type of practice because they fear that if they are totally honest with their rating and feedback they might hurt the freelancers future chances of getting new contracts. Clients are people to and they know how important a freelancers job history is.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS