🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My Legal name is changed. hence, my ID pr...
Page options
kalthiyanirmal
Community Member

My Legal name is changed. hence, my ID proof and bank name is also changed.

Hello There,

Recently, I have changed my Legal name in India. My First name is changed from 'Nirmal' to 'Marmik'.

Also, my Government IDs and Bank account also have this change. so, with the old name, I won't be able to withdraw any payments. 

So, Can I change my First name on my Upwork profile and update the bank account details? Will that make any issue on my profile? and what will be the verification process for the same?

Looking forward to suggestions. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Goran,

Thank you for your response.

I have finally submitted a Name change request. It is under review. 

Let's see how it goes. will close this chain once it is completed. 

Thanks again. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nirmal,

You can submit a name change request at any time by going to Settings > Contact. If any additional information is needed our team will reach out to you directly via ticket with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Goran for your response.

I would like someone from the Upwork team to review this before I make any changes. If someone can review this change for me and confirm whether it will make any issues or not. I just don't want to lose this account for any such reasons. 

Is that possible?

Hi Nirmal,

Rest assured, you won't have any problems with your account. If any additional verifications are needed, our team will also reach out to you and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran,

Thank you for your response.

I have finally submitted a Name change request. It is under review. 

Let's see how it goes. will close this chain once it is completed. 

Thanks again. 

Goran,

My name got changed on Upwork without any issues. 

after that, I withdrew one payment also. but now, it shows the warning 'The beneficiary name is mismatched' under the same account. 

I cross-checked and found that the name is the same as my Upwork account. but still, it shows this warning. I have already withdrawn one payment with the same account. 

don't know what to do. 

can you please help?

Best,

Marmik K

Hi Marmik,

Please allow our team time to review and assist you in getting this fixed. If in case they require more information, they will reach out to you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne,

Hope you are fine.

I was added my bank account to my profile and it was activated by your team. Because the Upwork account is showing some errors. But after I request you to check up, your team fixed that issue. I am really thankful for that.

But a few days ago, I started my agency profile on Upwork. For getting more work to do. I have to add the same bank account on the agency account but show the same error as the previous one.

My name is completely the same as the bank account name. And all details are correct as well. 

Profile: **Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Error: See attachments

Can you please checkout? 

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Marmik K.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Marmik,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is approved and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

💚  Thank you so much, Sir. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members