cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Messages Are Not Delivered

Ellen G Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
1 of 10

Hello UpWork community,

My messages are not being delivered to my clients. I can receive their messages, but they don't seem to get or be able to read mine. I have done the following:

- Tried a different browser.

- Cleared my browser cache/history.

- Restarted my computer.

- Sent in a support ticket.

I haven't received a response to the ticket in close to 24 hours. The initial response was the the issue was technical and being passed to their technical team. I've already lost one job due to this. I could quite possibly lose another full time position opportunity.

In desperation I edited my profile overview to say that I can't send messages and for my clients to contact me through email. Hopefully some of them see that.

What else can I do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 10

Hi Ellen,

I apologize for the inconvenience. This issue has been escalated to our engineers and they are currently working to fix it as soon as possible. You will be notified through the ticket once it's resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
3 of 10

Hi Ellen,

Untill the issue is sollved with support try to use the old messaging system. It works perfectly.

Also, it might be a good idea to install a mobile application. It also works.

Thanks

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
4 of 10

https://www.upwork.com/message-center/inbox/#

However, make sure to go between both systems, especially until you are accustomed to where messages go in each context (interview vs message vs replies etc)

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
5 of 10

Thank you so much Setu. I think this is the old system Tamaz was talking about. I'm going through some of my message threads and lo and behold, half of what I thought I had sent through the new system was completely missing. Hopefully going through this system instead will send everything through. Thanks again!

6 of 10

Thank you for the advice Tamaz. I'm fairly new to the UpWork system. How would I use the old messaging system? So far I've been using the system on UpWork.com, the desktop application, and the mobile application.

Community Guru
7 of 10

No problem. That is what the community is for. This old messaging system is dependable and reliable, so use it until the new one gets sorted out by the devs.

Community Guru
8 of 10

It's very simple.

When you go to message tab, you should see in the top of the page the suggestion to switch to "old system" (in a grey rectangle).

Simply press the green portion of that message and that's it.

Regarding mobile application, based on my observation, sometimes it delays to notify with new message. But, I think this is more android problem rather than Upork application (something related with updating)...

Community Guru
9 of 10
Somehow my notification to switch back to the old system had disappeared immediately. So I had to bookmark the old system link.
Community Guru
10 of 10

Hm...

That's very interesting Setu.

I still have a suggestion to switch to "new messaging".

Now, reading your post I'm affraid to go to "new messaging" and then back again. - just to see what it'll do in my case. Smiley Very Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS